I am pretty shy when talking to girls and asking them out. What is a good way to feel relaxed when asking a girl out?

So I am a pretty shy man when it comes to girls. In fact it has really hurt me. I never dated in high school, and college isn't looking much better for me. I am tired of being alone, but whenever I try to talk to a girl I like, I feel anxious. Is there anybody else out there who has felt like this, but managed to conquer it? Is there anything I can do to relax myself around women? Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh totally felt the same especially with a guy I like I usually try and talk to them the same as friends now and not think about it in another way like sexual. I guess just be natural usually after the first few mins of meeting someone its hard but after that its easy

What Girls Said 1

• What is it that makes you feel anxious exactly?

• Well one time in high school I asked a girl out to the prom. Her response was "I will think about it". She never answered me after that with a yes or no. So I worry about rejection, and what a girl may think of me. I don't want to come off as a creepy person when asking someone out.

What Guys Said 2

• Communicate and socialize with women regularly. Talk to them and ask questions, about anything, large or small. The more you communicate with them, the more relaxed you will become in interacting with them in any setting.

• Honestly the best way to conquer it is to just do it. Like when you learn to walk. Each time you try gets a little easier. You're going to fall (get rejected) A LOT, but each time you learn from it and gain experience to get better.