23 year old female and never been kissed or had a boyfriend!?

Hi guys and girls! I'm 23 years old, just finished my master's degree, and have never been kissed or had a boyfriend. I'm shy (I'm an INTJ if you know what that means!) and quiet. Most of my friends are girls, and even though I'm American my family is from Pakistan so I'm not *really* supposed to date.

I get so sad when I see couples kiss, even on TV. I wonder if I will ever find someone who loves me or wants me. People have told me I'm attractive, beautiful even. Girls and guys alike. But I don't know... I never feel like I am. I wonder what it would be like to have someone love me, to want to be with me. I wonder if I'll ever have that experience.

What do you guys think? Am I a freak or something? To the guys reading this, what would be your first impression of a girl like myself? To the girls reading this, can you relate?

Thanks, and take care :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You are not a freak. Most guys try to avoid getting rejected, so if they misread your shyness as your not liking them it can cause them not to ask you out even if they really like you. If they also think you don't date because of your culture it could also prevent guys that like you from asking you out.

I think a lot of guys would be willing to date you, but they would need to know you are interested. Have you considered online dating? A lot of people do that are shy is turn to the internet and try to find someone there.

What Guys Said 3

• You're not a freak, this is just the result of your family's culture and your upbringing.

I am sure you'll have that experience. You've got a master's, you are about to go out into the big wide world and make a success of yourself, and a life for yourself. This is where it all starts for you.

My first impression of you would be one of sympathy that you've missed out until now, and I'd hope you were open-minded and enthusiastic about learning about life and love after all this time (it sounds like it)

INFP here.

• you're just a noble girl :) because you're muslim nd you're Pakistani nd Im' also a Pakistani so I can understand your condition :)
    IN'SHA ALLAH you'll find some true lover :)

• I'm older than you and still haven't had a girlfriend

What Girls Said 2

• how often do you go out? do you get approached by guys often?

• You're definitely not a freak. I think eventually when the time is right you'll find the right guy at the right time.