My boyfriend falls asleep on me when we text at night, what should I do?

He's constantly doing this

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop staying up so late and let him sleep?

What Guys Said 8

• What you should do? Talk to him about it or go to sleep. Simple as that. I know it's starting to get on your nerves but he doesn't think like the way you do nor is he considerate of you as to stay up with you and text you at night. Or maybe he's not huge on being tech savvy aka being on his phone (I doubt that's the reason but it's a possibility). He looks at it this way: he doesn't feel obligated to reply back asap. Only whenever he feels like it.

• that's not a bad thing... that means he talks to you until he falls asleep. He's just tired, let him sleep

• Ask him more intense questions, questions that will make him think hard. That would keep me awake or you could talk sexy to him.

• Bring it up to him... or do it back and see if he likes it... unless he's not doing it on purpose and if that's the case tell him to let you know when he is getting tired

• Just accept it, it's not that big of an issue. At least you're the last person he talks to

• Catch you can't go to Slate talked him in the morning

• talk him about things he like, some interesting texting will make him wake up

• He is not falling asleep he just gets tired of talking to you and doesn't want to tell you the truth

What Girls Said 3

• you just gotta deal with it. my boyfriend literally falls asleep on me every night and we've been dating for over 2 and a half years haha. there's been only a handful of times where i've fallen asleep on him. just let him sleep. you'll be able to spend plenty of time with him in the future. it's really not too big of a deal, even though it feels like one.

• I think that's cute. I'd rather he fall asleep texting me, spending every possible waking moment with me that way, than saying goodnight but staying up for another 10 minutes to and hour laying around not sleeping whilst trying to sleep. Idk, it means more to me if he seems like he wants to talk to me so much he'd rather do it til he can't anymore. I'm bad at explaining g things so yeah, sorry.

• If it's an every night thing, he probably isn't actually going to sleep but just wants to stop talking so he can do other things. If it's just a couple times a week, then he is probably just tired. Falling asleep while texting isn't a bad thing. When I do that I'm just so into the conversation that I try to stay up to keep talking instead of saying "goodnight" and I end up passing out with my phone on my face lol.