Are we bf/gf? How can I tell?

This guy asked me to be his gf about a week ago. But I'm unsure if that's what we really are... Cuz like we've never hugged and he makes no move of hugging me. We text some but idk..

The thing is at this point we don't see each other outside work cuz I'm a full time student and have a full time job thus I'm totally swamped. But he always asks when we're gonna hang out and if I missed him if I'm at work without him or vis versa. We flirt some and I can tell how much he like me just by the way he looks at me.

What makes me unsure is like when we're texting he doesn't use much punctuation and misspells things a lot like he doesn't care to take the time to proofread it. And sometimes he takes forever to respond. He hasn't ever hugged me or held my hand. Like I understand when we're working it's not the best time but maybe on break. Ever since we supposedly became a thing, he stopped asking me to take lunch with him choosing to hang with his buddy instead. Which is weird cuz I feel like if he really cared he'd wanna spend the time with me and would maybe actually show physical affection then... I don't know am I overthinking and expecting too much? Or is he playing me and we're not really bf/gf?

He's pretty confusing with his feelings so I was shocked when he randomly asked me to be his gf...

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi there,

I want to make a first statement very clear. You mentioned you are full time and work with this person. I would caution you to remain distant with him while at work, unless your company is fine with inner-workplace relationships. Work is not the place to hold hands or cuddle.

With that said, are you his first interest that became serious? He may be shy, try hugging him, reach out and take his hand. In this day and age women and men should be equal, it should not always be the man that has to make the first move. Though it should always be the woman either. It sounds to me like now that he has you, he is losing interest. Pull back a little, maybe mention your concerns. If he truly cares about you he will at least try to understand (Men can be hard to get through to sometimes!)

If texting is bothering you, don't text. Call him, text him to arrange a date, don't just solely text. You are not expecting too much, if I were your boyfriend I would take care in proofreading anything I would send you, just as I am proofreading this response to a complete stranger. Sometimes, different men have different levels of self awareness.

Every guy needs "alone time" and time to spend with his buddies, though you should come first, or at least be on an equal level with them. Honestly, with this case, I believe he may be being shy about the whole thing. He doesn't have an issue being with guy friends since he has no reason to be shy around them. The girl he has interest in however, BIG reason to be shy and nervous there. Just be patient with him, maybe take a little charge and reach out to him first, and try and distance your relations away from the workplace and moreover at home or at a public venue, it will be much more intimate that way- trust me. I wish you the best of luck with him, and if it doesn't work out, always remember there are always more guys out there!

What Guys Said 4

• No your not BF/GF, I'd say he'd need to go out his way to see you and there should be some physical contact between you.

• if you said yes then techanally you are but without any contact or less time spent together then no your not bf and gf

• When he asks you for a bj it's official

• u r simply a good company for each other which you are trying to take to the next level but doesn't have those yet for eaxh other to make it done :p

What Girls Said 1

• I think he is maybe wanting something with you but not maybe sure... the guy iam with is a bit like that we broke up because it was stressful he works and study's and so do I. he is moving to another part of Scotland but asked me to go up over the weekend as all his work mates had there gf's there (but iam not his gf abymore!!!) I didn't go as I had plans we still spend a lot of time together and he text me also, he has told me he still loves me and all the rest but nothing has been said about what is actually going on between us because he has been busy and its something you need to deal with face to face!!! Which I will as I need clarification on this situation... if he is taking ages to reply he is probably busy but if he is txting and lots of mistakes are being made i would say he is rushing for a reason maybe in the company of someone he doesn't want to know about you!!!, he asks you to be his gf but then ignores you that shows he is trying to see what you will put up with before confronting him (which I would pronto) if you dont he will feel he can push your boundaries you need to speak face to face to him and ask what he is all about. You say you can tell by the way he looks at you he is interested well maybe its that he is paying close attention to what you say so he doesn't trip himself up if you ask him anything. He maybe is confused about the way he feels maybe he thinks he likes you but doesn't know, especially if you work together maybe he feels your just friends or maybe not. He is maybe trying to see if its more or not. Also asking if you miss him is his way of finfing out how much you like him also to see how far he can push your boundaries what you will take what you wont. If you say I've missed you so much he will know he can get away with things because you have missed him and dont want to cause a problem between the two of you!!! Men are masters at seeing what a potential woman will put up with and do, dont let him direspect you though.