I cheated on my girlfriend but I regret it more than anything!

I cheated on my girlfriend around 3 months ago becasue she used to treat me like crap. She doesn't now cause we sat down and talked about it but i'm scared she'll finish me if I tell her. I love her more than anything and i regret it so much! What should I do? Should I tell her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her.
    Honesty is the best especially in a relationship where she could find out later.

Write it out and explain why. Include all your feelings and how much you regret it. Don't place blame or make excuses.

Ask her for forgiveness. It's very hard to work through betrayal and moving past it and earning trust back. But sometimes it works out in the end.

I wanted to work through my ex husband and his affair and cheating and lying and betrayal but in the end it was him that wasn't in love. When he really looked deep.

I now realize also I deserved better, but I was willing to work through it At the time, that's what matter. There are many many many fish in the sea too if it doesn't work out! Good luck!

• Thank you so much! Gonna have to gather the guts to tell her! Should I write it or tell her? Sometimes writing is better i've read cause you can put all your emotions and feelings into it and with saying it its a little harder?

• Writing is easier for me I know cause you can put everything you think down and not forget it or say it the wrong way. Even reading it aloud is better than winging it with hoping you get everything out the right way and

What Girls Said 8

• She should know. She'll find out someday, so it's best to do it in the early stages. The fact that you regret it will help, since it seems like you won't do it again. It was a stupid thing to do, you know. You should have left her rather than betrayed her that way. But you already know, so that's good.

• People make mistakes I think you should tell her and be done with... It's a wrist feeling to hold a secret to somebody you love. Once the mistake is done its done. At least you regret it. If I was her I would forgive you.

• Is your name by any chance Alex Thomas?

• better to be honest. Sooner the guilty will eat you up or she will find out and really be mad.

• Yes, you should tell her.

• Tell her so she can punch you in the face and find a real man

• One of the most important things in a relationship is honesty. Tell her, if you really feel bad about it make sure she knows. If you don't tell her and she finds out later from another source it will just be worse.

• Shit, is this my boyfriend asking this? Im not kidding, I was just in this situation..

• By the way, you should tell her.

• I'm pretty sure I'm not your boyfriend haha! I'm under 16 xD

• Okay good (: thanks (: and good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• how did she treat you like crap that caused you to cheat, and how scared she will finish you? what does that mean?

• She was on this pill that made her hormones go crazy and her moods and emotions! She used to take everything out on me and constantly say stuff to me she didn't mean't at the time but it still hurt. I love her more than anything so I stayed with her and im scared she'll finish me because i love her? i regret cheating more than anything and i want to know how i should tell her or should i tell her?

• okay well if you say you love her I won't argue against you, but if you do love her like you say you do then the truth is the right way to go, regardless of what could happen.