Guys and Girls.. Are some of you paranoid about letting someone in your life after having so many unsuccessful past relationships?

Do you go into looking or having another relationship with a positive outlook or a negative outlook based on your past relationships? Is it harder to let someone in when you have been so brutally, emotionally hurt? How do you overcome such emotions and over look these feelings when your "in search" of someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not paranoid, just gave up. After two decades of being Mr Friend Zone because I was not a bad boy or a worthless criminal scumbag, I gave up on women. Funny thing, once the women and I passed the age of 35 women began to hit on me, which was an amazing experience for a man who had gone years between dates.
    What had happened was that the nightclub princesses had grown a brain and begun to look for husband material, once they realised that the "exciting" bad boys had little to offer outside of the trailer park or wefare housing project.
    After almost two decades of being alone, rejected and feeling as though my guts had been ripped out when I saw a pretty girl with an obvious scumbag, I did not feel inclined to fall to my knees and worship at the altar of the vagina because women had experienced a flash of the bleeding obvious. To borrow Rhett Butler's final line in Gone With the Wind: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

• So you just have given up? Lost faith and hope in women in general?

• Yes, Asker, I have. Perhaps I have turned the resentment and pain inward, because to do otherwise leads to Elliot Roger. I suspect that there are a lot of older quality men in my position. Women on the high side of 30 speak of a man drought. There is no shortage of men as a raw number, but a lot of us have walked away after years of bring friend zoned and passed over for bad boys. I am an alpha male, BTW. Former army officer (armoured corps); television and radio presenter; athlete; newspaper journalist; model; martial artist; net worth well into seven figures; and current PhD student. Of no interest to females, because I was not a retarded uneducated inarticulate dirtbag who had no prospects. I realise that my angst is showing, :-)

• I think its just a phase young women go through.. As they are so young they want to experience "having fun" and not thinking of the future.. What am i talking about 🙈 look at my age category? But all my past relationships are with older men anyways.. But i understand where your coming from, you have everything going for you 😏

What Guys Said 6

• I'm not, but an awful lot of people are on this site because of multiple disappointments, yes, indeed

• I always got over the bad emotions by letting myself feel the emotions and actually mourned the relationship. So that I could experience it then let it go.
    most people try to ignore the emotions because it hurts, so in the back of their mind they hold onto the negative for years. If you never deal with them, you will never really move on

• Thats very true, its better to remove all negative thoughts and emotions away before seeking another relationship.. A happy healthy you will result in a happy healthy relationship

• Hey... they were still hot lol

• Haaha no harm done man!! Heheh 😆

• Well my last gf got her family to send me threatening messages and told me that her two gangster brothers (they were real gangsters) could beat me up. That's what I got for breaking up with her after one day of dating lol. It didn't affect me for future dates, but it made me worry about some women' mentality.

• Wow thats pretty full on 😐 well i wouldn't blame you to be so cautious about the next relationship you get into

• Prawns and oysters as a garnish.. 🙈 So not cool lol

• Yes, I'm make a shitty boyfriend and I'm quite selfish.

I'm not even sure if I HONESTLY want another relationship. I've seen how my dad treats my mom, and I'm just like him.

• Honestly, negative
    i went into my current relationship thinking "just a matter of time before they fudge me up"
    but as the weeks go on, i find myself relaxing more :3
    just gotta remember everyone is different i guess :3

• Yeah that sounds about right.. I think we are just really "cautious" about it hence why some of us can be so negative when we go into a relationship.. Faith and hope i guess, but yeah everyone is different

• I personally was hesitant, but if you stay that way, you will never find love.

What Girls Said 2

• I am always super self conscious when it comes too relationships due to unsuccessful ones of the past. I have begun to realize that the only way to appreciate a good relationship is by knowing what a bad one it like.

Dont let your past block a great future

• No, I accept everyone as a fleeting moment, some moments last a little longer than other's, but they will come to pass. We all have those people who fuck us up to where the sun doesn't shine as bright, but life is short. You've got to just enjoy the moments of happiness you get from others, no matter how small they are. My out look on life is neural. Where I see positives, I also see negatives in my way of life.