How to know if "hang out" means "date"?

Guys tend to use the phrase "hang out" most often, even when it's technically a date. How can a girl know for sure without asking and making it weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually use the term "hang out" when there is nothing planned, "date" for me implies I've prepared something or have an activity in mind. However, like others, I use the term "hang out" with friends too, and when I say "hang out at my place" to a girlfriend I generally mean get physical.

Now honestly, there's no real harm in asking directly, it's not even that weird. It shows you're really interested (by wanting to make things more official), and you'll know if he's on the same level.

What Guys Said 3

• Try to sense the mood. How does he treat you? Where do you guys hang out? The location and behavior should tell you enough :).

• I say it myself thats more of a friend kind of deal, no real plans just meet up and take it from there.

• U should ask:)

What Girls Said 0