Is it just me or is he being a bad boyfriend?

Ok I'm getting so upset and annoyed with my bf I'm 12 weeks pregnant with his baby and he is constantly going out with his friends he never wants to spent time with me and every time he leaves all I do Is cry coz I want him to spend time with me and the only time he does is when I'm buying him lunch or something or when I make him dinner but then the 2nd he has it he ditches me I've confronted him with tears in my eyes and all he does is laugh at me or ignore I'm in tears now writing this coz it hurts a lot what can I do? Is it my fault?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, sweetie, it is Absolutely Not 'Your fault.' However, it Is an eye opener that now that you know you have a baby bun in the oven, he is going to continue down the beaten boyish path of Always putting you on his back burner. He is More of a problem child than you even know.
    Do some soul searching. He is not only rude and crude and feeling less, but he is also giving you helpful hurtful hints that he is not raring and ready to be Committed, hooked at the hip, in a Real relationship with Not only You But----This babes in Toy land.
    If he is 'laughing' at you and putting you on his pay no mind list, making his outings and other top priorities First on his list, then think of how it will get only worse when the blessed event arrives. This will surely be the bough that will break or make both of you ending up falling... cradle and all.
    You could talk all you want to him until you are baby blue in the face. But bottom butt buck is telling me that he doesn't want any strings attached to you and later on, will also become not only More M. I. A. But----A dead beat dead to boot.
    Good luck, God bless.

• Thank you for allowing me to help you see more of the light... Sometimes it helps to have a stranger see from the outside what you already know what it is in the Inside... Begin now thinking of you and your little one only. xxoo

What Guys Said 2

• well my opinion is most women emotions are already pretty high and the fact that your pregnant your emoticons are really running high so that doesn't help the situation , BUT y'all are young an honestly he probably is ready or comprehended the responsibility yet so no it isn't your fault that he isn't ready to be settled down and still wants to go out an have the singles life

• He's an asshole - that isn't your fault. Having his baby is your fault, in part. You could have and should have taken more care or got an abortion.

• It's not the baby that's the problem... I don't believe in abortions he wanted the baby as much as I did it's just the past couple of months he's been like this.

• Typical idealist. Being a single parent is unbelievably hard. Abortion makes a ton more sense. Even adoption makes more sense than single parenthood.

• Uhmm can I just I already have 2 children with a previous partner but only my son lives with me he's nearly 17 months and I've brought him up on my own since birth but thank you strawberrycream :)

What Girls Said 4

• I suspect he already had his reservations about being with you in the long-term before you got pregnant. Now that you're pregnant and VERY hormonal, he's checking out altogether. In a way, I get it. It's not fun being around an emotional wreck when your emotions are more stable. However, he does have to realize it's because you're carrying *his* child that you're craving more attention from him.

Pregnancy is hard physically and emotionally on the female, that the man's contribution in a way is to be more understanding of the fact that we get a bit crazy for a while. To be our support system. Not saying it's easy, just like it's not easy for us, but it's an important contribution to the process. He's chosen to bow out of that part, partly because I think he wasn't that great of a boyfriend before anyway.

Sorry you're going through this. He's being a jerk. All I can advise is that you seek out a different support system (mom, sister, best friend) and remember how he's acted during your most vulnerable time. I'd reconsider a future with him. If he can't be there for you during a trying time because you're carrying HIS baby, he won't be there for you ever.

• a guy with a pregnant girlfriend needs to be more family oriented and stay his ass at home. its not your fault you can't control his actions. start preparing to do this without him. stealthily get his social security number so you can put him on child support when the baby is coming. he's not ready to man up yet but he won't have a choice when its being deducted out of his account before he even sees it

• Oh no. It's not your fault. Remember that your hormones are riding you right now and you need to be nurtured more than before due to your pregnancy. I think this is a good time for you to make some decisions, but you are going to have to sit down, without tears, and talk with him. Do you live together?
    Is this a behavior on his part that just started after you got pregnant or was he doing this before? How does he help you? You need to answer these questions for yourself and then communicate your feelings -no fighting, no crying, just talking. You might not like the outcome, or maybe it surprises you, but either way it seems to me you are becoming too dependent on what he does and says. You need to take care of yourself, you'll be a mom in 6 months, this is not time for messing around, things are happening and that baby needs you ready and strong. You need yourself ready and strong. Congrats on your baby!

• He is not ready for fatherhood and all the entanglements that go along with it. This is his way of acting out. He is probably terrified and anxious.
    You are not imagining.