HAS ANYONE HERE EVER TRIED A DATING WEBSITE THEY LIKED?

I want to try and meet someone online. I have not had much luck meeting anyone in person. I know everyone says give it some time and you'll find someone, but I'm getting older, and a bit shy, If I don't go looking for love, it may not come looking for me. So does anyone have any dating websites that they have had good experiences with?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only dating site I have had ANY luck with is eHarmony. I have tried about 3 others and it seems like nobody is very serious about anything and just seem to be lower quality people. eHarmony seems to have people that are serious about finding the "right" person and seem to be more decent people. It is a little more expensive than some other dating sites but if you're serious, its worth it.

• Thanks! I think I'll give it a shot

What Guys Said 10

• Most dating sites are scams full of fake profiles and most of them bait you into buying a monthly subscription by telling you that you've got a message without allowing you to read it. Well I did have a little luck on Plenty Of Fish but we already knew each other personally. Besides, it's impossible to connect with others emotionally via technology because you can't make any physical contact, it's like falling in love with a phone if you text them all the time lol (VERY unnatural) I'd say slowly work on your shyness, talk to guys you're attracted to, keep the convos short and don't intend on dating them just yet until talking to attractive guys becomes second nature to you (And I mean ONLY in person, face to face)

• Totally agree. Its hard meeting people right now i only ever see guys on the train and I don't really go out all that much lol. I will give it a try though

• It's much harder these days because society is highly driven with technology, we all have computers and phones now for convenience, unfortunately constantly using them instead of talking face to face tends to make us forget how to do it. It's no surprise at all shyness is a big thing now, but if you're really nervous, start off with asking them the time (Maybe throw in a genuine compliment while you're at it too) and just step it up gradually

• My brother found his wife on eharmoney but they have been having trouble with the site. They keep charging even after your subscription is up... I'm not in the mood to deal with trying to get my money back when i don't like it

• i don't date LOL

• Lol what about just getting to know people?

• YES I HAVE BEEN ON OKC AND POF AND HAD DATES OFF THEM. I SENT SO MANY MESSAGES MY CAPSLOCK BROEK LOLOLOL

Getting older? 18-24? That's not old.

OkCupid, Tinder, Plenty of Whales, in that order.

• 24... the age your mother starts asking you when your going to give her grandkids... :/

• Seriously? Oh man, that sucks. Tell her that'll happen if and when YOU are ready.

• Yea... my mom was done having kids at 26... I'm almost there. "Relax I'll find someone eventuality" it's what i keep telling her lol

• I've heard of a few. Plenty of Fish is supposed to be popular, if you are a gamer there is a dating site for that.

Do not do Craigslist. People will find out and you will be a laughing stock, I've seen it happen 8

Honestly though, don't do dating sites. Just wait for the right person to come along, they always do

• Omgggg I'll never do Craigslist... I've been afraid of that since the Craiglist killer movie on lifetime came out.

• Yeah I have. Its called Life. com
    When on it, find the get one option.
    Once you have one, you'll start connecting with people right away.

Good luck.

• Not a dating site, but try Palringo.

• I did just to know what it's like, then I deleted it quickly.

• Fun date city-pretty good

• Date city?

• "Fun date city" plus you get to describe what you want your match to look like plus what age you want him to be

• Ooo awesome

• Here is more peaceful place for meet

• Plenty of Fish and OKCupid were, for me, huge wastes of time. I found my fiancee on a Catholic dating site (it had a fee, which kept out the flakes).

What Girls Said 2

• tinder all the way

• i think u should improve yourself first to be confident, girls can good in many ways,, read more about experience when dating online, then u will find a right person for you!