Isn't it the guys responsibility to call the day before to confirm a date?

I was going to go on a date, at least I thought, tomorrow with a guy I met on an Internet site, but he didn't call to confirm by 5pm, so I'm not planning to meet him tomorrow. I had said to him let's talk on Friday to confirm our plans. Naturally, I'm not going to assume we have a date, but I am disappointed. At least I didn't go out of my way to buy new clothes. Is confirming a date a man's job?

He called today 9am, I was asleep, he left a vm said he didn't feel well enough to meet and didn't feel well yesterday. This is where date confirmation could've been put to good use. Why not use it?
P. S. He didn't call to confirm, and so I can't judge him poorly for that :)

Most Helpful Guy

• When I set up a date with someone, that is a "romantic appointment". And like all appointments, it is definite and would not continue to be scheduled only if canceled. So if there is no cancellation, it should still be on. If you decide to not meet him without canceling, that is you standing him up.

• I agree, for the most part. The second guy I arranged to date who I met on an Internet dating sight, stood me up, and so I decided from then on I would initiate a date confirmation rule sort of speak, so that I could avoid being stood up, again.

What Guys Said 3

• The fact that you made the decision to confirm plans, that became your job. Not his. He only agreed to speak with you beforehand.

• Yes, since I initiated the rule, yes I see where your coming from. The date confirmation expresses how I feel about keeping appointments that I take seriously. As it turned out he cancelled at any rate.

• Turns out a call ahead was a good idea.

• Where did you pull this crap from? You could easily call him yourself.

• Scorpio... you are intense and I'm certain you feel strongly about your opinions, which is why I like Scorpio. Speaking from my Aries persona believe me when I tell you that anything "easy" bores me to death! Turns out he cancelled this morning and so had I called him who knows what he would have said and nothing makes an Aries woman more bothered than having to wait!

• It can be.

What Girls Said 4

• No it's the modern age. If you want something done, donut yourself. He and you don't have to do things just because of your gender

• Why don't you just text or call and ask if your still on for tommorow? Doesn't matter who does it.. maybe thinking your going to do same thing

• I like that a guy takes the initiative cause when a guy wants to be with a woman, he let's he know without a doubt that he's interested in pleasing her. I want a guy who feels it's up to him to shower me with affection. They are out there I'm sure!

• I get it and I understand... We all want that and yes matter of finding them I'm still looking..

• No if you want a confirmation then you need to call him.

• In this case maybe your right, but as it turned out he cancelled this morning so maybe I wouldn't have gotten very far and would have agreed to wait, in which case I would've been disappointed, maybe more so than I am now.

• There is no responsibility and there are no roles for certain genders.

• See that the problem with some woman. They want the guy to put all the effort into a relationship while they sit around and look pretty.

• That's not how it should work. A relationship involves two people so both partners should put equal effort into it. That's just common sense.