What does it mean to be clingy?

I have heard people talk about other people being clingy. I just want to know what it means.

Most Helpful Girl

• OH MY GOD.
    u know what a leech is yeah? a clingy person is essentially a human leech, sucking the fucking life out of u and just not. letting. go!

i personally find it extremely irritating because I'm independent, so it feels like I'm being choked if i always have someone like 'what u doing?' 'where u going?' 'who u going with?' 'when u coming back?' 'i love u so much [x1000 times a day]' 'i need u' ' i miss u' 'you add meaning to my life'

like just stfu and actually SHOW me that u mean this stuff instead of talking shit that u can't act upon-.- I'm rude, i know.

What Girls Said 4

• It means that someone is hanging around you too much. Or they are clinging onto your space. So they are always around you, trying to talk to you, etc.
    Relationshipwise its more to do with the person not giving the other person in the relationship any space. Always asking them questions like "where r you" or "what are u doing now" etc.

• When you're rather dependent on someone to the point of unreasonableness. For example, if someone gets genuinely upset or worried if you don't immediately respond to their text, or constantly wants to be in your presence or talking to you to a point where most normal people wouldn't, that's clingy. Clingy people may also get jealous of others in your life, because you are their whole world, the center of their thoughts, and they irrationally expect you to feel the same of them.

• a clingy person is someone who tends to want to talk/be with you all the time. They often find it hard to be with out you and when your not together they usually contact you just to see what your doing. Some also get jealous when you do things with other people but that's usually a more extreme case.

• It means you're around too much often when you're unwanted or it also means you demand attention or just simply you're a very needy person

What Guys Said 0