I'm 17, gonna be 18 in January, and he's just turned 16 this week. We met when I asked my music teacher if she knew anyone that could be my accompanist for an upcoming gig, and she said that he's the guy for the job. We hit it off nearly instantly. We both seek out any excuse to see each other, we talk on Skype any chance we get and when we can't even do that, we text or Facebook chat. We're basically inseparable at this point, and it's been less than a month since I've met him. Yesterday, when he saw me off at the train station after I came over to his place (and it's quite a journey from my town to his - I have to take one train to the city where our school is situated, and then another one back home, it takes about 1.5h in all), he told me that I "had no idea how glad he was to have found me" after I gave him a quick peck on the cheek (childish, I know) and I have to say, I return this sentiment. I really want to get together with him, but here are the two things that bother me:
1. The age difference, obviously. We may have quite a bit of mutual understanding, but dating is a whole new level to reach. I don't know if I should expect him to handle that.
2. I'm taking my finals this May, he will take his in 2017. After that I will either go study in Warsaw (which is, what, 200 miles away? Not exactly convenient for regular visits) or become an au pair in another country, possibly the UK or even the US. None of these scenarios make it any easier on us.
What do y'all think?
- Just do it! ... Nike57% (4)83% (5)69% (9)Vote
- You might wanna wait until he's older29% (2)17% (1)23% (3)Vote
- BLERGH. Cradle robber14% (1)0% (0)8% (1)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
Go for it. I really don't see how that age gap could be a problem for you two. As for the other reason - well, if you always do the reasonable thing, you'll miss out on a lot of happy, satisfying moments. You're such an ambitious and rational person and that's great. But you need to also make some decisions justfor the moment and have some fun. What's the point of living otherwise? :)1