Something just doesn't feel right about dating in 2014. From all the stories, etc that I read, I don't know man... it just sounds so unfun and unromantic.
I have realized what it is. All these posts that I read, seem to have this "guy vs girl" mentality. Like instead of dating and letting feelings develop naturally and most importantly, the two going WITH each other, it seems like dating in 2014 has turned into a fucking game of "who can like the other the least", if you know what I mean. That's why I just can't seem to have a high opinion of dating these days in the US.
It's turned something that is supposed to be fun and romantic, into a fucking emotional head game - with all these rules, tactics, methods, etc. You got the PUA douchebags, again with that sort of mentality of teaching men how to manipulate women into bed.
Anyone else noticed this? Or am I just crazy?
Most Helpful Girl
yes. thats basically why I'm still single. its too much trouble and childish4
Most Helpful Guy
This has pretty much been my life. I have never been good at the game and usually get fed up with it after pursuing a girl for a little while. Essentially this is what I go through cyclically.
1. Start crushing on nice cute girl
2. Attempt to get to know her
3. Play the texting game for a week and get fed up with read unanswered texts.
4. Realize I'm fighting an uphill battle I'm never going to win
5. I'm not going to try date anymore, unless a girl just falls into my lap I'm going to be alone forever.
6. Finally start to feel good about myself again and stop having a pity party
7. Have some fun for about a month
8. Come back to the realization that I have no girlfriend and have yet to even kiss a girl
9. Pity party returns
10. Repeat steps 1-9
I'm currently between 4 and 5 right now, which hopefully explains my long worded and sad response haha1