Is it too late to contact someone after a month?

So a little over a month ago I bumped into an old guy friend from HS at a wedding. We hit it off very well, and he gave me his number. Because I was ending something with someone else, I didn't contact him immediately. I figured it was only fair to shut one door before opening another, ya know? Well I ended what I needed to about two weeks after this guy gave me his #. Since then I've been concerned that it's too late to contact him. Well my bday is this week, and I figure it wouldn't hurt to invite him out to the festivities. Would that be ok? Or has it just been too long?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why you shouldn't do that.

What Guys Said 3

• It's not too late. You did the right thing, you should give him a call.

• You won't know until you try. Maybe throw in a little 'sorry I didn't get in touch sooner.'

• Sounds good :) thank you!

• whats the worst they can say...

What Girls Said 2

• Invite him. trust me. it is not too late. I met a guy at a party about a month ago and he fell really hard for me. Im only a foreign exchange student for a year where I am at now and my new friends here kept telling me to talk to him because he really likes me. well, one month later, I text him and its like nothing has changed. he still really likes me, even after a month of not talking to him. trust me, you're in the clear.

• Thanks, that makes me feel better about it! Now to take the dive lol :)

• Better late than never you know

• Thanks! Let's hope so :)