What happens when you meet the right person at the wrong time? What would you do?

When you meet someone that might be the one or a great catch but you are at a bad place in your life should you date? If you met someone that was going through something would you still want to be with them?

I decided to take a chance :)
Just wanted to add that when you are in a bad place in your life and you meet someone genuine they won't judge they will want to help and be by your side for good times and bad. If you do meet someone that puts too much emphasis on your problems and belittles you but does not have concern or advice its not your fault. I used to be with a guy who loved to kick me when I was down so that was why I was so concerned about a new relationship but I am happy I overlooked my skepticism.

Most Helpful Girl

• bad place in your life should you date?
    If i am at a bad place in my life, I don't think I would have the mood/energy to focus on a new person. I would use my energy to resolve issues in my life at that time. Probably I would give it a miss then.
    I need to be happy with myself before I can spread my happiness around

If I met someone who is having a rough patch, I would be willing to go through the hardship with him together. I hope to be his pillar of support.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think there's really such a thing as the wrong time. If that person really is right for you, then that person is right for you in that context. You can't de-contextualize these things.

• Well that makes sense it just something you feel when you might have too much going on for a relationship

• I think you can meet the right person at the wrong time. E. g if you were not yourself one night and got really drunk and the right person was there to witness it, she may get put off by that

• @Oladeji123 That's another way to put it

• i try to work it out no matter what happens

What Girls Said 4

• yes because how will you know a person is right for you if you can't go threw the ups and downs with that person even if you are in a bad place explain that to him he should be understanding of it after all if he cares he will stay threw thick and thin and make things work if its a lot of baggage handle it first then date the person but either way throughout your guys relationship you both half to make things work no matter how hard it is but to be honest he should understand we all go threw stuff someone going threw a lot should not stop you from being there leaving now thats something to question because i wouldn't want a guy walking in and out my life or walking out on me when im in a bad place this is why some people are causing sucide not for attention but because they just want someone there and people walk out on them and im like what kind of friend are you but u should be fine sweetie give him a chance

• @bohemiancleopatra Thanks I always seem to meet someone when I am going through a rough patch and it makes me unsure. I don't like to be judged for it especially if it is something I can't control. It's life and bad things happen sometimes. I'm just concerned because everyone seems to want someone with their shit together these days and its not that I don't have anything going for myself I'm just not where I want to be be and things could be so much better, but I'm working towards that. I have had bad experiences where I felt like I was being judged for something that I was doing or what I did not have and it's not right so I feel safe to be in a relationship when other things add up in my life like my career and finances etc.

• Thanks I hope the best for you too :)

• I would seize the opportunity for sure.

• Yes it worths trying .. things that u hold on would probably happen and succeed

• HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT ITS A RIGHT PERSON and HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT ITS A BAD PLACE?

• It really depends on the person everyone is different and deals with things differently but for me I feel like i am in a bad place if everything seems to be going wrong or I'm dissatisfied with my certain aspects of my life for someone else it could be a number of other reasons. Sometimes you just know that someone could potentially be a good match in general or because you actually know the person and you already have a connection and share a lot of things with each other.