Why do many girls join dating websites only to look for friends?

A dating website is where you go to look for a potential mate yeah, am I wrong? I noticed this trend where many girl are there and only looking for friends. Errr, friends... isn't that what Facebook is for? So why are these girls on dating sites for friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you look like me, the ladies are just looking for friends. If you look like Brad Pitt or Channing Tatum, they'll be interested in dating. LOL

What Girls Said 1

• For me, I say that because you want to start out as friends. I'm looking for a relationship but then most of the people out there are looking for hookups. However, you never know what happens right? It can turn out to be something serious and you don't want to risk that chance however, at the same time you don't want to give the intention that you're looking for a hookup. Also, it is hard to meet people nowadays and you would want to chill to people that you're attracted to.

What Guys Said 2

• I firmly believe that's just some shit they write on their profile to not seem desperate or something. Trying to downplay the whole thing.

• I bet if you look like their favorite actress and had a chocolate 12 inch dick that shoots money they want to be more than friends. XD