Girls would you ever date a guy younger than you?

I kinda like a guy, but im not sure whether to proceed or not because he's 1-2 years younger than me. Would you date a younger guy?

Btw, I'm a Junior in Highschool

Most Helpful Girl

• don't do it. I was a senior in highschool and dated a junior in highschool and he was so immature. it won't last and it will get old seeing how you may eventually fight over dumb petty things. boys don't mature until later in life. so I vote against this. I say go for someone more older. Im 18 and have a boyfriend now, who will be 20 soon. I find this much better than being with my ex who was almost 2 years younger.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think many women would date more than a year younger.

• This should be a crime in hs.

• cougar alert

What Girls Said 8

• Yes I would, but not at your age, boys are immature in highschool and I wouldn't want to deal with that. Unless he is mature for his age then that's a different story.

• Yes. I did consider dating a freshman once when I was younger but decided against it because he was too immature. I have also liked and would date guys that are at least 2 years younger than me. My current bf though is 3 years older than me.

• I would date a guy who is 2 years younger MAX. But not at this stage in my life because I'm in university, and that would mean I would be okay with dating someone who is currently in high school, which I don't think is a good idea because the maturity level may not be there, but if you are both consenting adults I think it's okay!

• I think when you're in high school a year or two makes a big difference. Usually people date people in their year. That being said since I'm not in high school anymore, I would date someone younger then me but only by 2 years or so. It's not cause they are younger or anything. I just would like to date someone around the same age as me. See I wouldn't date someone who is older then me by more than 2-3 years either

• I would date a guy younger than me. I have several times.

• yea, if you really like him , go for it!

• yes but not too much younger but 1-2 years is fine.

• *22 year old guy comes on here and says he dates 15-16 year olds*
    *everybody says it's his choice and it's okay*

*17 year old girl says she's interested in a guy who is 15-16*
    "COUGAR!"
    "DISGUSTING!"

... yeah, god forbid there's a 1-2 year age difference with the girl being older, but it's okay for 15 yr old girls to be taken advantage of by guys 5-10 years older.

There is a maturity gap because guys mature slower, 1-2 years isn't anything. Not compared to 5-10 years between a girl and a guy.

Society is ridiculous