Anybody else feel like they just can't connect with people?

People have told me I have a lot of good qualities for a person. But despite this I just don't feel like I can connect with people. I don't have any real friends and besides my fiancee who passed away, I have not had a relationship that was more than just physical.

It is like this: I can talk or hang out with people and kinda have a fun time, but I never feel anything "click" with them. I don't have a friend who I can say "I would trust this guy with my life", as for girls they are beautiful but their heart is caught up with shallow and material things. Most girls I meet don't have a lot to say on deep subjects like religion, philosophy, science, and if they ever do, it's nothing that falls in line with my world view. I never really get to the point where I can feel completely comfortable with the girl, even the sex feels shallow and I leave feeling dirty.

Maybe I am just ranting, but I would like to know if anyone else has felt this way like they can't connect with anybody on a emotional level?

• I know that feel
    100% (7)50% (2)82% (9)Vote
  • I don't know that feel
    0% (0)50% (2)18% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Same here. I'm very popular and love hanging out with people. But pretty much all of my friendships are kind of shallow. Like, I just have a bunch of hang out buddies. I would like to connect with others on a deeper level but I don't think I know how. I keep most of my thoughts and feelings inside and on the rare times I do communicate on a deeper level it feels very awkward and I'm not good at expressing what I actually mean. And I feel like my love isn't as strong as other people's love. Which is another thing that makes it hard to connect.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know if my love is not as strong as other people's love. I can be very loving, I am good at "showing" my love, like cuddling, being intimate, or taking care of someone's needs like if they are sick or need help with something. I am a good action person but when it comes to words it's harder to say.

What Girls Said 3

• Since I don't even believe in friendship... Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • I often have no problems connecting with certain people (very few). My issue is my inability to maintain those connections bc of lack of trust. Bittersweet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always felt like instead of living life I'm watching a movie of my life which makes me feel very disconnected from everyone else. I have never clicked with anyone except my long term boyfriend. I'm very lucky to have found him and if I lose him I will never find anyone else like him.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah all the time, I'm not good at making friends I usually don't make it to the hanging out part I guess I lack interpersonal skills or something like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the complete opposite and it's not always a good thing.

0|0
    0|0