Why does nothing ever work out with guys?

So I'm 20. I've been on dates and met guys that I've really liked. Thing is, they act really interested and we'll hang out a few times and there appears to be a great connection... and then they disappear or act completely different. I don't get what I could possibly be doing wrong. I'd say that I'm a very friendly, positive, and honest person. I'm mature in the way I think, I've learned to accept myself for the person I am. I don't play any games with guys at all. When I'm into someone, I focus on them.. and them only. I truly don't understand why a nice girl would have such a hard and frustrating time with finding a guy. What is the deal with this?

Also I recently met a guy I really liked, we talked a lot, and he honestly gave me the vibe that he really liked me. Don't really want to go into detail, but It was REALLY great when we hung out. He used to text me a lot and it's just weird now. It's kind like I don't matter. Why do guys just drop a girl like that so fast?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is hard to say without knowing you personally. There may be more than one reason. You sound great, but maybe some guys think you are too clingy You might be attracted to guys that are emotionally unavailable. A lot of these guys may just be trying to use you for sex, and decide to move on after either getting what they want, or after giving up on getting it. Without knowing you it is impossible to say for sure.

I do know that people that are very giving, seem more likely to attract people that only take. What I have started doing to protect myself is to only treat the person I am with, as good as they treat me. Otherwise they start taking me for granted.

What Guys Said 1

• The fear of commitment in the long run most likely. Sounds like your a really nice person! Probably thinking a guy's behavior changes when the relationship gets too personal, but that could be for the better or worst depending on the guy :3

What Girls Said 1

• may be to them you come off as clingy and boring