Spooning? Am I a slut?

So I was at a friends house last night for a party. My boyfriend came and we have been officially dating for 2 weeks but have been together for like 4. We've held hands and cuddled before but that's about it. Last night my friend had a bonfire/movie night and during the movie we cuddled and ended up spooning when I fell asleep. I didn't think much of it at the time because I enjoyed it and was very comfortable but now that I'm looking back at it... was it a bad idea? Like is it bad to do that only 2 week? We haven't done anything else but I'm starting to question weather it was too much for 2 weeks and am starting to feel like a slut (even though it could've been much worse.) I just need someone's help here.

... I think I just need some reassurance here...
...

Most Helpful Guy

• Spooning with just a friend isn't even that bad. as long as you didn't put your hand in his pants or anything else lol you're good.

• No lol I didn't do anything close to that! I would've already knew the answer to my question if I would've done that lol

• That's awesome. I not only respect that but I actually look for that in girls. Your kind is rare, haha.

• Really? Well that's awesome for me then! Thanks for making me feel better

What Guys Said 9

• Spooning is like a more intimate hug, there's nothing slutty in that, actually I think it's really good as it increases the bond between both of you.

• Good girls like you are cute.

• Awww thanks. This makes me feel better. Also thanks for sticking up for me on that rude guys comment!

• No, i love good girls.

i was talking about people like that one guy that just try to make others feel bad by saying mean things.

• Oh yeah that comment wasn't the nicest thing... thanks u though!

• The simple act of spooning is just fine. It is about as intimate as you can get without going farther than you want to. It can also tell you a lot about your guy. If he is respectful and such. No, you were fine...

• Usually you have to be sleeping around to be a slut. Spending the night snuggled up with your boyfriend is not slutty in the slightest.

• Thanks. I think it was the way my friends reacted to the situation that made me feel badly about it and second guess my actions. But other then that I liked it

• Your stupid friend assumed you guys had done it.

• She might even thought that but trust me I'm only 15 ... that's not happening until later in life.. maybe a lot later in life. Lol. Thanks for ur help!

• Nothing wrong with it its only spooning and as long as nothing sexual happened then it's fine but I would advise you not to tell your bf unless you know he would forgive you buy im sure it's fine spooning isn't that bad and its comfortable and fun

• The person I was spooning with was my boyfriend... it's just the way my friends reacted that made me second guess my decision and actions... but thank u!

• Wow I'm now the most jealous guy ever

• Sorry lol. But it will come! Trust me 5 weeks ago I would have never guessed that the guy I liked liked me back. Life is full of surprises.

• No worries he probbably hasn't thought twice about it if he thought it were going to fast and wasn't cool with it he would apologize or talk about it. Your not a slut you just feel safe around him it is basic human nature!

• Thanks! I did feel very safe. I was just questioning based on one of my friends reactions...

• Yeah, you're a slut

• Shut up you ass. you don't even have the balls to say that you had to be anonymous to say that you little b*tch.

• Why thank you lord

• anytime

• no you're fun. I have done with females that are just friends we don't think anything about it

• Ok thanks! ... my friends just reacted badly to the situation and made me second guess myself. I needed someone else's opinion.

• I wouldn't see anything wrong with it. It certainly doesn't make you a slut.

• Thanks. I think I just need some reassurance cause when my one friend saw us she like had a panic attack and then later once he left said it was nasty and why would I do that... and I just felt like I did something majorly wrong

What Girls Said 6

• No, spooning with your boyfriend doesn't make you a slut. The term "slut" gets thrown around so loosely these days, it's a shame that women get called sluts for anything so they begin to question innocent behaviors (like spooning) and wondering if they're sluts. No, you are not a slut in any way, shape, or form. You are allowed to show physical affection with your boyfriend. Stop worrying about it, it's not that big of a deal at a all.

• Not at all! The term "slut" refers to females who have many casual relationships involving sex. Spooning isn't sexual at all in my opinion, it's a form of cuddling. It's very comforting to me and I feel it brings me closer to the person I'm spooning with, both emotionally and physically. Heck, I've spooned with my friends that are girls before just because it's nice to have that kind of bond with someone. You're totally fine and you aren't a slut for doing it!

• I agree. I really enjoyed it and was really happy and the way my friends reacted to it made me second guess myself and think I was doing something wrong. And most of the time I'm a "good girl" so when they reacted that way it scared me into thinking I did something really wrong. But i really enjoyed it... so I thought maybe I was turning into something I don't want to be.

• Um, no. Spooning is one of the most innocent things you can do with your partner. It's like holding hands, but with your entire body. Nothing to be ashamed of, and definitely nothing to feel like a "slut" for.

• what the hell? screw your friends. they're honestly probably jealous, or just prude. i can't believe they'd be mad at you for cuddling your boyfriend. obviously they need some growing up to do. i think thats really cute and nice. you didn't do anything wrong.

• Ok thanks... I thought their reactions were a bit over the top

• yeah it seems like they were. you're welcome!! dont be hard on yourself.

• Hun, you are definitely not a slut. What you did is fine and absolutely acceptable, alright? The only thing that dictates what you do in a relationship and labels it right or wrong is what you and your partner decide. If you and your boyfriend decided to start heavily making out this minute you still wouldn't be a slut because that's what you two felt comfortable with.

• Thank u! Like I said to the above comment a couple of my friends freaked out and I starting thinking about it... (which I over think everything. ..) and I thought maybe it wasn't a good decision. This made me feel a lot better! Thanks!

• You're welcome! And concerning your little issue with your friends; always be open to their input on certain things, but never let them rule the way you live your life. Consider advice from others, but always go with what you feel is right. If you initially felt like you did nothing wrong, then you're fine. What you do with your boyfriend is your concern, not your friends'.

• Thank u again!! U really made me feel better! And I'll think that way next time :)

• It counts toward cuddling! You were comfortable and cuddled. c: Not slutty in the least bit.