I'm done with relationships for a while. Would girls find it offensive or weird it a guy told them he was interest in dating, but not a relationship?

So had a pretty bad break up after a long term relationship, so I'm done with them for a good while, but I don't mind casually dating. Is that bad?

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Girl

• no not at all. to me dating means seeing other people. a relationship just means were only seeing each other. whichever way you wanna do it is fine. long as you are totally upfront then i have something concrete to work with.

its deceit i abhor. casual dating is fine. sand if it happened to not be what i wanted at the time then its cool. id be honest with you and we just wouldn't date:)

but i doubt it'd be a problem sand i def wouldn't be offended.

anyhow i think its more common than relationships so i dont see people being offended. if they are offended thats their issue. you're not being inappropriate if youyre honest. you want what you want. thats your right.

What Girls Said 16

• It's not bad, it just depends on what she's looking for too. I was in the same mode for about a year so that was perfect, but now I'm more interested in a relationship so I'd probably steer clear.

• I would find it weird because if i'm done relationships then I won't be interested in dating because I only date to see if things could go further. It sounds like you don't want to be romantically involved but you just don't want to be lonely but that comes with being single. How do you know that you won't meet someone and change your mind? That happens sometimes when we least expect it to really avoid relationships I generally avoid guys in general. friends, fwb, texting buddies its no use. I suppose if you are on the same page with someone then it could work out but I wouldn't casually date just because.

• Not at all! There are plenty of people in the same boat as you. Many people just aren't ready to be committed to someone in a relationship, but they'll go out and date to meet new people and establish new bonds. You're totally fine by just wanting to date and nothing more, don't feel like you have to do something that you aren't ready to do.

• Yeah that's literally the most bull rap sounding answer. It sounds like a player who just want to mess around but doesn't want anything serious. Like I want all the fun stuff like sex and cool trips, but none of the responsibility. Do you understand?

• Yes, but I'm not a player nor do I want sex. Just someone to give me a little company.

• Well that your opinion and you're entitled to it.

• No I don't think it's awful or anything, but that's probably how most girls would feel. An if your dating others, one of them is going to get jealous. Trust me I've seen it happen. There are girls like you who just want to hang out but I'm not sure a lot will want to

• No not at all, that's where FWB's are good ^_^

• Just because you don't want a relationship right now doesn't mean you can't date occasionally. If a girl is kind enough then they will understand why you don't want a relationship right now. I would. BEST OF LUCK. :-) and sorry about your relationship.

• I think for girls who are serious they would not be interested in your arrangement. I am done with relationships for a while too but I would only date someone for a relationship.

• Just be honest with the girl about it
      I vote no

• What's idea of dating and a relationship? Would you be dating multiple girls?

• If a girl does mind thats her problem, you have to right to decide what is best for yourself, its good that you are honest about it, at least a girl can't complain you are stringing her along or using her, a girl will appreciate your openess and honesty, this way she willl know where she stands with you, so its not bad at all.

• It depends on whether the girl wants the same thing or not.

• It's normal. I'd understand. And I would respect his decision. :)

• No, but they might take it as a personal challenge.

• Not in the least I had a few friendships like that.

• I always says friends with benefits...

• Yeah, but I'm not looking for sex.

• I feel like in your context you are using the word dating as code word for I want to just fuck and talk to you but I want no commitment

• Nope. Just have a long of spare time and a bit lonely, but I don't want the hassle of a relationship.

• As long as you are honest you should say that but don't say "it's because of my previous relationship" that's a turn off for me and will just make a girl think you are on the rebound and I personally wouldn't date a guy at all who blamed a past relationship.

Just say I want to date for now

• I would think he is kinda wasting my time

• May I ask how? I mean if a guy was upfront about not wanting a relationship wouldn't it be the girls choice whether or not to take up the offer?

• then yeah, it will nor be a problem. But if I start to date the guy and he tells me later when I exspect a relatioship, the you would been wasting my time.

What Guys Said 0