Are ALL guys jerks? Should I confront my ex?

k so...my boyfriend recently broke up with me this summer saying he was too busy to be my gf..(idt that's a good excuse)but see the thing is we are absolutely PERFECT for each other :/ I asked if he wanted to resume our relationship once school started but I never got a response/ should I confront him about it once I see him when school starts? Its gonna be so hard to see him because I LOVE him and I don't know how he feels about me anymore =( please help

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the good news is your not alone! I'm in the same boat although I didn't ask my ex to get back together trust me I want to but I haven't. Being in this situation I know it's the hardest thing in the world ESPECIALLY when I see him in the halls. and it killlls when we walk by each other and he ignores me like what does he not remember everything that happened between us? you know? well its tough and I tried moving on and I've talked to a few guys since we broke up like its easier to move on from someone when you have someone else to move on to-but its not that easy. I find myself every guy I talk to after my ex I stop liking because I find like things that they don't have that my ex has. Its weird so my advice is I think you should just go for it and ask him. If youve tried before try again! If you can't stop thinking about him then it means something. What's the worst that can happen? he won't talk to you? well that's where you are now hun so I say just go for it. Have no fears. But instead of coming right out and being like "do you want to get backtogether?" maybe just ease into it. start talking as friends then say it, you never know until you try. so just go for it and if he doesn't want a relationship at least you know you tried so you couldn't have done anything differently. hope it helps:))

• Thanks <3 I'm glad I'm not alone..i just honestly don't know what to say to him anymore and I've been trying to talk but have gotten nowhere...im thinking about just sending him an email ...i can't get him alone...and we NEVER see eachother...we only have one class together :/ and he hangs with his friends then too

• I know how you feel! but maybe you should just like text him one day and be like hey then start talking and ask him if you two can meet up just to like clear the air and stuff. and maybe you just need closure because if after all this he still doesn't want a relationship the best thing to do is move on and its a lot easier if you have closure. so just try and talk to him alone if that's texting or whatever and try and see if he's willing to meet up and talk :)

What Guys Said 4

• First of all, you are too young to know that you both are perfect for each other. Assuming that he is in the same age bracket as you are, he would be even more uncertain about what he wants.

This is the time to have fun and make many friends.

Secondly, have you thought about the reason why you love a man who does not want to have a relationship with you. What you think as love, is basically missing the good times you both had and perhaps a feeling of rejection. But this is definitely not romantic love.

So, go out there and hit on other hot guys!

• Are ALL guys jerks? What a dumb question.. Most to all guys are jerks at at leastone point in their life--the same way that most to all girls are bitches at at least one point in their life.

• i know how hard is, I thought the same about my ex girlfriend, after 2 years she thought we should remain friends. It's hard for me too to see her , sleep in the same room in wich we slept when we were together etc :( , but with time you will know someone who really loves you. I think you should not confront him , just try to accept the situation even though it's extremely hard. Not all guys are jerks, girls just tend to be attracted by jerks rather than nice guys and figure that out too late

• I'm not a jerk, I'm actually quite nice I believe. Girls think I'm nice and guys think I'm nice. I think you should talk to him in person to sort things out

• Well see the problem with that is every time I try to contact him he like totally avoids me...so I just gave up.

What Girls Said 8

• I know that you love him, and the situation is tough. But here are 2 things that I've learned from experience. 1.) If he wanted to resume a relationship when school started, he would've responded. Him choosing not to respond means that, as of now, he doesn't want to. He just didn't want to hurt you by coming out and saying so. 2.) If he was all that into you to begin with, he wouldn't be too busy to be your bf. You're only too busy for people you're not sure you want to date.

I'm sorry if this is a little harsh. I've been in your situation numerous times before and it definitely sucks. My only advice, you deserve to be with someone that wants to be with you. And this guy just doesn't. On the bright side, while a little childish, once you decide you don't want to be with a guy that doesn't give you the respect/love you need, they usually come crawling back. Seriously. hasn't been a guy in my entire life that hasn't tried at least once for a second chance after I moved on. It's when you keep bothering him about his feelings that he wants you to leave him alone. Good luck!

• hmmm you are under 18, chances are you'll definitely meet a better guy who'll suit your needs. you can try talking to him and seeing how things work out for the two of you. soemtiems he just probably is really too busy. everyone has schedules and jobs and school. like me, it's impossible to have a relationship because I'm so busy. I work too much and I go out and shop and then school is around the corner so I think that if you guys are PERFECT for each other, why not talk it out together and see if you guys can work on this like get a set schedule when you two can go out. hope that works out alright. :-)

• Thanks =) well, idt I'm going to talk to him...if he cares he'll come to me right? haha or am I just being too stubborn?

• If he's too busy as it is, the same thing will happen once you add school in the mix. Respect his priorities, and remain friends but at the same time, LET HIM MISS YOU! He'll be back in no time. Be cordial, but don't hang out, flirt, have sex...none of that. If he doesn't want to be in a relationship, then he can't act like you're still together. Good luck girl.

• I would say talk to him. If you can plan to talk face to face, that would be best. if that's not possible, talk on the phone. DONT text or email, because then he might not respond and you won't get your answer :( Although, how long has it been since you asked him? He may just be considering what he wants to do when school starts, so give him a little time before you ask him again. If you wait until school starts to ask him, it might be a little harder. Just do what feels right and hope I helped as much as possible! :)

Good luck, hope everything turns out well with you two! :)

• Okay. Something tells me if he isn't already in a new relationship he will go for you again. It'll probably take him a little while to say something and when he does he most likely won't do it face to face. He'll probably send a note or text or call you or have someone else tell you. But he'd probably like it if you made the first move.

• How is he busy during the summer? If he is too busy for you during the summer he will be to busy for you during the school year. Forget about him, if he loved you back he wouldn't let you go. The sooner you forget about him, the sooner you will get over him. It will hurt, I have been through it. But, you open the opportunity of finding someone even better, who won't want to ever let you go.

• talk to him, let him know how you feel, and if he feels the same way, he will tell you. what do you have to lose, your already not with him, do anything you can to get him back in your life, just don't guilt trip him into coming back. =].

• you need closure, but I think you should also move on. if he's not into it then you can't make it work. it's a mutual thing. good luck