Do men consider a size 6 woman fat?

I would like to know if guys think a woman who is a size 6 is fat. I am in my 30s now and have gained a lot of weight through my 20s. I'm 5'9 and 160lbs now. I'm slightly (and I mean slightly bigger than I prefer) haven't been as active as I've been in the past but I'm still comfortable in my own skin unlike when I was 95lbs and a size 2 (only cuz it was next to impossible to find size 0, which always seemed odd to me, a size 0 that is, it's like you aren't really there). My current boyfriend tells me I'm fat all the time but I make up for it with my great personality apparently. Unlike when I was 95lbs of skin and bones I'm very curvy now and I love it and have never had any complaints. I'm a 34c 26 waist and a perfect booty (in my eyes anyway). He met me at my current size and was attracted to me then but now he says he just doesn't find me appealing and can't adore my body as he would like to. Am I missing something? There was also a time in my life that guys paid to be with me so I find it perplexing that I would be considered to be so hideous. I want to be loved completely. In the past guys always seemed just overly obsessed with my body and that obviously left me feeling ignored and unappreciated now this guy claims to love my mind and I feel ignored physically. Is this a relationship worth hanging on to? Should I just loose some weight? Will it make a difference? Is it possible to have it all? Am I not worth a compliment, some flowers a happy birthday a hug? I feel scorned by him and never experienced being the ugly duckling. Can someone explain what this is all about?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just leave him. Stop reading this, get up off your ass and pack his or your things and leave the asshole. He doesn't deserve a second more of your time.

• I hope the fact I got mh means you are now packing as I type? Good for you if you are, no one needs that kind of person in their life. I wish you all the best whatever you choose to do.

What Guys Said 8

• You're a size 6, 5'9, and 160lbs? You're actually in pretty damn good shape. Ask yourself a few questions. How is he looking exactly? Does he maintain himself just as much? If he does keep in good shape, does he look like a Roman God? Maybe someone might feel a bit insecure of themselves and have to make others feel the same, but those are just speculations to get the focus off of you for a moment. I mean if you want to get active solely for yourself again, then that's a great idea! Your height and weight match up pretty nicely in my opinion, but instead of focusing on your weight, look at maybe just getting active again to feel good about yourself, for yourself, and stay healthy.

• He's ok looking, he works out but I told him he has man boobs cuz he does but I only said it after I had enough of his criticism of my body. He's lost quite a bit of weight since we met from 210 to 185 and he still has man boobs, oh and he's 6ft.

• He is a dick for insulting you.
    From your description you are in the normal range that I would find sexy.
    It sounds like he is losing interest, and calls you fat so that you will break it off.
    Don't try to change yourself in the hopes of attracting a guy.
    Just find one that wants you, the package as it is presented.

• I couldn't tell you based on your size. Most men don't know jack shit about what those numbers mean. LOL

Your height and weight sounds healthy to me, and that's what people generally care about the most.

• Wait, wait, wait...

Your BF tells you that you're fat and that he doesn't find your body appealing and can't adore it the way that he'd like to? Those are words that have come out of his mouth?

Those are asshole things to say to a person that you love, whether they're the truth or not.

Also, 5'9" and 160 sounds like a damn good height to weight proportion to me. No offense, but your boyfriend sounds like a real dick. Those numbers are not overweight; you're right smack dab in the middle of the healthy weight range as far as BMI is concerned.

• Wow. I really don't even know what to say, except that your boyfriend is supposed to be the person who supports you and loves you full, and in place of that he is verbally and emotionally abusing you. :-( I'm very sorry to hear that, you're not deserving of it whatsoever.

Do you live together? I think you should break up with this guy, he's an asshole.

• We've been together about 9 months and live together now and this behavior just started a few weeks ago and has caught me off gaurd. I thought we had a loving relationship and now I'm just in the middle of this mess. If I didn't live with him I would have left him already but I thought he was serious about our relationship and never saw this coming.

• Your size is perfectly normal and in fact average, and the guy you are dating - well you should just pack up and leave when he is not there.

• Uh... no...

I thought a size 6 was considered average...

• You're not fat.

• No you are not fat. The boyfriend is a douche find a new one one

• seeing as size 4 -6 in my country is your size 0 . I think your size 6 must be large

What Girls Said 5

• I am 5'9" and the only time I was ever a size 2 was when I was anorexic and weighed 90lbs. That is not a healthy weight, I now weigh 170 and I am a size 8 but I absolutely prefer my curves over what I used to have, and so does my boyfriend, he loves my body and when I complain he says i'm perfect but if I want to lose weight he'll do it with me. If a guy that is supposed to love you is saying those things it really just isn't worth your time and worry at all. A size 6 is no where near fat and he needs to learn to understand that or learn how to shut his mouth.

• I cannot believe what I have just read...
    I think you should be happy within yourself. If you aren't happy, then don't expect anyone else to be happy for you. If you don't like it, change it. But do not ever try to please the majority because it never works out and its too much stress. Just simply be happy with yourself and everyone else will fall in line, no matter what you look like.

• If they do, then they are stupid. A size 6 is nowhere near fat.

• 160 isn't fat for your height. And size 6 is not fat at all, you're crazy!

• A size 6 is definitely not fat. Also, 160 and 5'9 is a healthy range. I looked too skinny at 95 pounds, and I am 5'4. You must have looked disgusting.