Should I approach a girl I like even if she is much younger than me? I am 38, she is 24.

Sometimes I am on my way to work. I see a pretty girl and i want to approach her. Then If she appears to be in her early 20s i just don't do it. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 40

• I'd just go for it. I'm 24 and I have gone out with a 38 yr old this past year. I can't promise a few women wouldn't be put off, but it's far less creepy than if a 48 yr old approached. You're at least right on that border of being a generation older. A 48 yr old could for sure be my dad lol

Also, looks can be deceiving. I frequently get mistaken for being in high school or fresh out (unless I'm done up and out on the town) and I surprise people when they find out I'm older. You may think these girls are early 20's and they may be older.

• Thank you for this insight... i will just be respectable and fun and see where it goes.. i have been told that i don't give a creepy vibe.

• Age is merely a number. She is of legal age.

• It depends how old you look and how much you have to offer a 24 year old that would make you more attractive to her than guys her age. Do you look 38 or do you look younger than her or close to her age?

• I simply look my age... but i am in good shape

• being in good shape helps but your chances are low. Try if you want.

• Of course you can approac. There's no law stating you can't or shouldn't try...

I don't like older men, but some women do...

You won't know which one she is until you ask her out.

• Thanks for your insight!

• It really depends on the girl. Some girls (as you can see below) would be all for it. As for me, I usually wouldn't date a guy who is over five years older than me. I look really young for my age (I'm 22 and I could EASILY pass by for a HS student) and I question the motives of older men to start to become too "friendly" with me. It also depends on the relationship with this girl. If she is a student of yours or if she works for you, then DO NOT approach her.

• I think you should. Some women really like older men. Besides, you have nothing to lose. You never know, you may really hit it off.

• well if a 52 year old woman approached you , would would you think?

• I haven't seen a 52 year old that attracted me. But when I was 32 I was infatuated with a 45 year old. But she didn't accept my advances.

• well then i guess as you say you can try ad mage you'll attract her mane you went. but there's no harm in trying.

sorry about the rejection. ;)

• Older men/younger women is more common actually. 38 isn't old, you're at a very great age for a man. Men are more sexy in their 30s-40s or at least from what I have noticed. I say you should go for it, a 12 year age difference shouldn't stop you. Life is short!

• Once I had a crush on a man who was your age. He actually treated me better than any guy my age would ever treat me. The majority of women prefer older men, so.. you should.

• Thanks Isabelle for the encouragement. All the best.

• I'm 20 and I can tell you that I'm attracted to grown man! We are not all immature give it a try because my current situation is a bit the same as yours but different at the same time!

• i will definitely follow your advice! I don't think of young girls as immature nor do i actually have an intention to control them. People complete each other. So you could bring so much experience to somebody's life weather he is younger or older than you. I wish you get the man of yr dreams !

• Thanks! likewise!😊

• If you're hot, looking in your 20s, then you're sold to her.

• Thanks for your answer. I am not hot.. but i am good looking and in shape. Probably would look in my early 30s.

• You got the Swedish vibe

• lol allright.

• Go for it why not

• Pfft, I WISH an older man would approach me LOL I'd be flirting my ass off.

• I love older men, my husband was 38 and im 32.. but once talked to a guy who was 42.. its a big difference I men when there older. mature no games...
    so go for it

• I kind of have a crush on someone who is 15 years older than me and iI just turned 20 so you may never know. If you treat her right than age might not matter to her. :)

• Go ahead she might be into older guys and people tend to not judge age gaps once you hit like 20 at least.

• This is not true, people judge no matter what age gap it is. Some people however once they reach a certain age careless/ or not at all about what others say about their lifestyle choices. But I agree with you and the others that he should go for it.

• of course u should.! age is not a factor though.
    we never know.. maybe that girl likes u even more..^^
    goodluck~

• I am 19 seeing a 35 year old I sorta dropped hint and he finally gave me his number and that how we became good friends just don't get stuck friend zoned like me

• I say go for it. I've always gone for guys older than me. If you two are in the same place in life it might just work out. To me age is just a number

• If you like her go for it. the worst thing she can do is say no.. right? unless she has a gun. then you are up the creek without a paddle. RUN IF SHE HAS A GUN. But really, go for it! It might turn into something amazing.

• Age doesn't really matter to me i honestly like older men more mature and... DON'T live your life wondering what if i talked to her today. GO FOR HER !!!

• It couldn't really hurt it might lift her spirits that you did approach her, and she might even like you. either way I think she would be flattered.

• age dosnt matter when your inlove at first sight. so yea do it "You can't Blame a Guy for Trying" RIGHT?

• Do it! Do it!
    There's no harm in it.

• yes.. age is just a number dude.. well it would be gross if you were 50 lol, im 25 and my fiance is 33,

• Go for it. I am with an older guy. What is the worst thing that can happen she turn you down..

• go for it! you dont know what could happen. Also you are both adults so there's no prblm with it!;p

• Try but don't come off to strong :)

• in my opinion it just might be weird for your to approach her depending on your looks some older men look more approachable then others

• Why not! I'm 25 and dating a 39 yr old. We locked eyes on our way to class ( he was taking some executive course) and that was that. He approached me and we went out for dinner. I had no idea he was 39, since he has such a young soul and I have an old soul.. it works... Give it a try if she's not into older guys you'll get that vibe from her.

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 29

• I think she's an adult and you shouldn't let her age keep you from giving her a chance. The worst that can happen is she isn't mature enough for a relationship with you, and that's a pretty positive reason to break things off.

• What have you got to lose? If she says no, then you can move on with your life.

If she says yes, then you can move on with your life in happiness.

Either way, you need to move on with your life!

• women usually like older men, but recently i come across 1 girl who said im too old for her and she was 20 and im 28. in my opinion 10years max. but its different for everyone. usually if its more then 10 years money or experience/ security comes into place/reason or they just like really mature men

• age is just a numbe dude!!!

• First Mr. Annon you need to know one thing. nobody has the right to tell you that you don't deserve what you want. talk to her & get to know her. then you decide whether you want to continue seeing her or not.

• Thats very wise.. thank you !

• you're welcome. feel free to message me if you need anything else. my door's always open to you.

• Go for it. My cuz is 38 dating girl 21. My (F) friend had a fling with a guy who was 60(!) when she was 23.

• Fuck yes, go! You're a man, we do this, show off your masculine energy and go after what you want! I do this all the time and get girls numbers, I see it, I want it, I go after it.

• Awesome! all the best man !

• its ok to approach. in fact lots of girls like mature understanding men with experience, who can well take care of them

• Hell yes, I'm 19 work at a grocery store and I tried to give a 28 year old my number, she said no thanks but came in the next night and touched my arm in a sexual way... women like older guys and younger guys, thats their fantasy just like with men. I got rejected in front of a ton of costumers and I'm still living, hell it even made me laugh.

• Yeah, go for it. Worst case scenario is you get rejected.

• I wouldn't do it, nor would I have done it when I had your age but she's adult...
    In 12 yrs, you'll be 50 and she'll still be young.

• She'll be 36, which is not that young. It will seem like a lot less of a difference then.

• Yes, but flirt gently and read her.

Contrary to what a few say I'm going to suggest a minority of young women are interested in men who are 15 years older. But it's a significant minority. So go in soft and see if she seems interested.

• LOL, when I first saw your comment I thought it said "read to her", and I was thinking it that is the case then she is WAY too young.

• I normally work on a minimum age of (1/2 + 7), which in your case would be 26.
    24 is close enough.
    If you're in good physical condition, your chances are good. Just check out her body language and eye contact (make sure yours is right too) to evaluate if she's open to being approached.

• Sure why not?

• Sure why not, only be sure she is not immature, nothing is worse than an overgrown teenager.

• The age will get you instant points, most likely.

• Go with your gut bro.

Better to live without regrets.

• If she likes you and you like her thats all that matters. Besides she's in her mid 20s, she's not in her teens

• Nothing wrong with it, I mean she is of legal age.

• Do what you like, no law against it.

• Go for it, who cares what other people think about it, if it works out between you two then great.

• Just talk to her.

• But you're so olllllddddddd

• Go For It, You Have Nothing To Lose.

• Nothing wrong with that. Do it bro.

• man it's all about money! if you are rich you can approach anything that moves!!

• if that would be my daughter, or someone i care for, i would kill you, or assault you, at the first perfect opportunity i get...

• And put yourself behind bars?

• Do it dude! Nothing like getting with hot girl in her early/mid 20s!

• Just do it. Even if you were in your 20's you'd get rejected a lot, so don't take it personally if you do.

• That is very true actually!