Is it really worth it?

my boyfriend went to college and started ignoring me for some reason. after a while, he broke up with me without telling me anything and kept on ignoring me.
I tried everything to get an answer out of him and I'm still confused on why.
need I add that this college is in the same town as me and is a 14 minute car ride and we can see eachother whenever we please and being with him won't be hard.
I have been dating this guy for 2 1/2 years on and off because of him being on house arrest and then going to jail for a crime he didn't commit. he called it off all those times and I took him back because I honestly do love him and see myself with him.
he's in college right now at my expense since I had to cosign for his student loans because his parents have shitty credit.
we recently just got back together but I'm still feeling the same way I did before.
if anything, I feel like I'm trying harder to be with him.
he's been partying, drinking and smoking and then tells me he doesn't want me to do the same thing. and that bothers me a lot more than he thinks it does.
is it a good idea to keep trying or should I just call it quits and move on?

need I remind you all that he's on probation.
and if something happens on campus, he's the first person that they will go to and he will be placed in jail for 4 years.
during the time I was with him, we never really had a fight about anything except his egotistical attitude and his lack of communication with me.
we did EVERYTHING together and he treated me well.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry... I cannot tell you what you want to hear. I can tell you that you need to move on. This is not the guy for you. There could be many reasons why he's not communicating with you; but it's most likely because he's interested in other girls.
    Hopefully you won't get upset or become defensive of him; because that's what most people do in this situation. They want to defend their BF/GF because after 2+ years, they've invested a lot of time and effort and don't want to start over. Some people don't want to feel like they made a mistake and/or wasted their time... so they will try to not see what's right in front of them. What's right it front is that this guy is NO GOOD for YOU.
    There is someone out there for him, but it's not YOU. You are better than that and you deserve the best. It's your choice to accept that and say, "Yeah, I do deserve better."... but that's a hard road to go down. Real hard. But it's also the road to happiness. It's your choice if which way to go from here.
    Of course, this is just my opinion... but I believe it will fall apart with him with or without you doing anything, because he's trying to move on. I just hope you think hard, realize it, and do so as well.
    You want to be happy right? Every day you wait is one more day that you WON'T be happy. You're life is made up of a limited number of days. How many of them do you want to be happy?
    Good luck, and remember... you are amazing... treat YOURSELF like you are!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• " I have been dating this guy for 2 1/2 years on and off" ... that sign right there should tell you that it's time to move on. Don't you think that it's a very long time and should be a indication that something isn't right? Relationships aren't suppose to be this difficult, up hill battle all the time. It should be fun, easy and effortless. The fact that there's all this up and down motions tells me that you two aren't nearly as compatible as you seem to think. Especially long term. I think it's time to call it quits. He doesn't sound like he's in the right head space for anything serious either... considering all the partying and drinking.

• Wow this guy is a loser. I could go through all of the things that prove it to me, but you already know this. He's unstable, and a hypocrite. Parties, drinks and smokes but you can't do the same thing? That's a bold demand to make to the woman who just cosigned your loans. He's a child. I'm just sorry you're financially linked to him now, but you know you can do much better.