If you're embarrassed about a situation or event in your life, do you find it easier to tell people about it?

in my opinion there are some events that you'd never dream of telling anyone about but particularly in dating, do you find telling people and laughing at the story makes you feel better about it?

Like a girl randomly sent me nudes the other day and asked for some in return, I had had a night of binging and was on a serious come down and couldn't provide any pics, so I googled some instead and sent them to her. I'm sortof ashamed of it but I have so many of these stories and tell them to people to get them to laugh so I can feel better about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I rarely talk to anyone about personal events. I don't trust people.

What Girls Said 2

• I can't seem to keep personal stories or secrets in. I can keep other people's secrets, but if I have a secret it just kinda pops out, so pretty much everyone I know knows EVERYTHING about my life, I don't mind sharing. Obviously when I am drunk or even tipsy this gets 10x worse and, I hate to admit it, no ones secret is safe.

• I do tell my close mates, because they'll take the piss out of me and we'll both get a laugh. It means I can make light of an otherwise, undesirable situation.

What Guys Said 1

• hahaha thats jokes... yeah I think you shouldn't take yourself too seriously and you should be able to laugh about embarrassing situations. It just makes the whole scenario one big joke and therefore less embarrassing.