What's the difference between a Good Date vs a Bad Date?

I went on a date with a girl today, we met for coffee and talked for 2 hours. I thought she was pretty and easy to talk to but the connection was more friendly, nothing deeper than that. We had a good time and just hugged goodbye because I did not receive any big signals otherwise.

I have not been on a date in a while so is this normal for a first date?
Or was this a bad date?
Would you go on a second date if the first one was like this?
Be honest.

Most Helpful Guy

• A good date has no awkward pauses, open communication - although leaves some mystery as you really shouldn't be opening your whole life story to anyone who you have known for a short period of time, provides both parties (or all parties if it's a double date/group-date) comfort and confidence, an enjoyable time - i. e. it was fun, and here is the kicker: is RECOGNIZED as a date. So many people fall into a trap of thinking because it was an outing with a person you're crushing on it's a date, it's not unless you both make it known through physical escalation or flat out state it's a date - leave no ambiguity.

• Sweet well there were no awkward pauses and we both knew it was a date going in :)

What Girls Said 2

• It was a good date. Ask her out again!

• Ask her out! she's probably waiting for you to ask her

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like a good date, you played it cool. Ask her for a second date, if she agrees then you know the first date was a success.

• Thanks, yeah I suppose it takes a couple dates before a connection builds up, I'll ask her and I'll see if I get a second.

• A good date immediately demands a second date. A bad date makes you wanna forget about it as quickly as possible.

• I don't think it was a bad date then because we both at least had a good time from what I could tell, but at the same time, it was nothing spectacular.