What do girls look for in a guy?

I want to put myself out there on the market but I don't know what women look for in a guy, please help.

Thanks for the tips :)

Most Helpful Girl

• First impression / appearance wise that you smell nice, dress decently well, and same with a hairstyle. This just gives people a sense of who you are and that you care about things. You don't have to look like a model but it helps to show that you are put together and care. It's also attractive!

Confidence is key but there's more that I and other women care about like being a genuinely nice / good person, having a sense of humour, being friendly, easy to talk to (that you don't just talk about yourself, can hold a conversation, has an interesting perspective on life, that you like to do fun things, that you're respectful, have things in common*, etc.

What Girls Said 5

• Don't try to be someone you are not. When I meet a guy, I want to be meeting the same guy you will be next month or next year:D

• Confidence. That's what most people look for in any partner. So if you just be yourself and show off your confidence (but being cocky) then I'm sure some girls will come along.

• If a guy smells good, makes me laugh, has at least some confidence and looks at me like I'm the only girl that's important to him, I'm immediately attracted to him. Not to mention honesty. Guys who are honest with themselves, with friends and family, and with me are attractive as f*ck!

• Confident, funny, smart, kind, generous and one who's not afraid to be himself. No girl wants an egotistic boyfriend or one who has no common sense.

• Different girls look for different things in guys. Some looks, some humor, or personality. Just feel comfortable with yourself and be yourself. That's what most girls look for

What Guys Said 2

• Confidence. And a tact mind with a taste in fashion. Your style brings them in, your mind wraps them closer.

• I think they want someone better than themselves.