Did "hard to get" ever worked?

According to your experiences, did it work to play hard to get? Or did you have success by being vulnerable and honest?

Most Helpful Guy

• A girl was playing hard to get with me when I was trying to set up a 2nd date, but when I got frustrated about her mood told me, "Hey, I'm still talking to you, that should answer your question."

To answer *your* question, her playing hard to get worked excellently to get rid of me, I deleted her number and didn't contact her again.

What Guys Said 12

• If they show no interest then I just conclude they're not interested and move on. Why should I have to second guess and figure out you're hiding something? If you're not going to be straight with me then you're not worth my time.

Love and romance is all about putting your heart on the line. You make yourself vulnerable. Sometimes you get hurt. Sometimes it all goes so well it was totally worth the risk :)

• Playing "hard to get" pisses a guy off. it a quick way to get him to lose interest or dump you.

• If done correctly it can, but most people (not specific to gender) don't know how to do it correctly so it ends up coming off as manipulative behavior which drags the courtship process out or completely stops it dead in the water.

If you like someone the only that counts, aside from the attraction/personality aspects, is open communication. Trying to make yourself sparse to attract someone is like pissing yourself to warm yourself up during a cold night, ya it works for the immediate future but it leads to regret and potential humiliation later - unless you like smelling like your own piss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUFQ2ECfPOw

• if they don't show any intrest i start to worry and give up. i just worry that i am bugging a girl when she plays hard to get

I like clingy girls. They make me feel important and i think clingy girls are cute.

• really? I´m so clingy and i feel that i´m scaring all guys off because of my smothering affection.. :(

• would you consider this to be a sweet gesture or a total turn off?

• i think it is really sweet that you did that. i am not saying it would turn me on but it is not a turn of

• It only works on insecure, desperate and needy guys.

Any guy who knows his own self worth, who isn't insecure and desperate with see through this charade and simply ignore the immature girl playing these silly games.

• Once again, economical theory. Scarcity of a good makes it more valuable, set your price to high however and you won't get anything.

• http://www.evanmarckatz.com/

read this guy... he gives good advice in my opinion

• it worked. I got dem pussys interested in me till I started to like them.
    you better start the way you want things to end.
    I say don't do it.

• Works pretty well on me.

• A girl playing hard to get is exactly like playing impossible to get and I never waste another second on her

• Hard to get can only work if you are really, truly, completely something special. If you're average or anywhere close to it, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Nobody is going to chase after some average girl who clearly isn't interested. They might chase after some really special girl, though. Unfortunately, the number of average girls who DO think they're cream of the crop is astounding. You're much better off being open and honest than trying to be deceptive.

The idea behind "hard to get" is that guys are more interested in the chase than the catch. What people fail to realize is that it's simple supply and demand. This tactic is usually used by average girls on hot guys. Hot guys get more pussy than the SPCA. If they're relationship-type guys, they're going to pick a really great girl (because they can get them) and stick with her. If they're player-type guys, they're not going to waste their time on someone who won't respond positively when there's ten other girls who will.

Girls who do this refuse to put out for player-type guys, the players go with girls who do put out, and the "all men are attracted to is sluts" stereotype is born.

• It's a players excuse for "I'm playing you"

What Girls Said 3

• Have never done it and never will.

• Nope neither being easy or hard to get. U havd to be acttractive tothem

• Some people weren't playing. They were actually hard to get.

• True. I don't play hard to get, I am hard to get. Women tell me all the time "you know, I just don't get you."