Would you dump a guy or girl if your parents hated him/her?

Say if your parents strongly disliked your partner for any reason and did not approve of your relationship and really wanted you to break up with them.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• Must know the reason.

My parents see more than I do and will point things out and I will later notice what they say is true.

There was a time when my mom did not like any girl I brought home then after college this all changed.

• it's really pathetic to follow your parents

• Parents know best. Dont underestimate them. They know you well better than others, including your bf. Your bf just have to prove them by reaching their expectations.

• In my age, that wound not make any sense :)

• Nope! My parents have horrible judgement. Divorced, backstabbing, and just plain arrogant.

• If i love her, i dont

• After all you're in the relationship with them not your parents. how u feel about him is the most important.

• I got dumped because his mom thinks I did something I didn't do, and she refused to accept me. My now ex boyfriend is very very close to his mother and after fighting with her for weeks said she will never change her mind and its better to save heartbreak by breaking up now because eventually we'll want to get married but his mother and father has forbidden it :/

• Aww then that's just plain wrong then, but yeah i dont think you'd bd to comfortable with him if his parents are that way. Hope u find someone who appreciates u :)

What Girls Said 5

• Well my parents are reasonable... they might see something that I fail to and in that case I'll take what they say in consideration. If I truly know they are unfair though and have gotten inputs from friends that is in contrast then I will still be in the relationship. This has never happened to me though.. but I'd imagine that my parents had a valid reason.

• No, because I don't rely on their approval. I do however strongly value the opinions of my friends and sisters.

• Not likely, but it's possible.

• most likely not.. my parents are usually pretty ok about that, but if i really cared about the guy and really loved him then i'd make it work. its MY relationship that i need to deal with. you know? and even if they were right about him, and he was a total douche, i'd need to learn on my own and make my own mistakes.

• Most I know the reason and no way I will dump him :/ I will try to confess them he is a good man and dumping well be the last thing I'll do..