So how do I stop him slipping away AND increase the chance of something happening when I return?

I have been seeing my ex for about the last month.
After a year of off & on's since our break up we have finally got it right and have been having the most perfect time.
He siad he had feelings for me, I for him, I slept over for like 3 weeks straight and we are 'exclusive'.

The last maybe 4 days he has been getting distant. I've still being seeing him every day but not staying, but it's just little things like no x's on some messages, not as cute, one line answers etc.
It's been getting me pretty worked up and he says that because I leave for the UK for 3 months in a week which will be the end he is distancing himself. Makes sense, but i don't want it to be the end. I told him what I want, to still talk, and try and have feelings but take a step backwards because we suck at distance.

He says we are all good now but he still seems distant. I just want him to be back to normal and enjoy this last week with him.
I would love for him to keep his feelings over the 3 months as well but I don't know how to do this?

What Guys Said 1

• This is a disaster waiting to happen.

Rule #1: Never deal with ex's.
    Rule #2: Long distance relationships don't work.

"After a year of off & on's since our break up we have finally got it right and have been having the most perfect time."

Obviously not, because you turn around and say 4 days he's getting distant. You've set the relationship up for failure because you're leaving, and he knows it.

"Makes sense, but i don't want it to be the end."

He does. He doesn't want to be chained down by distance.

" I told him what I want, to still talk, and try and have feelings but take a step backwards because we suck at distance."

Even YOU admit it will fail.

"So how do I stop him slipping away AND increase the chance of something happening when I return?"

You can't. In all honesty when you return in 3 months, he probably will have moved on. He's your ex, and once you're gone, he's going to find someone else again.

• Ok,

1. My ex-relationship is complicated. We only broke up because of doing distance the first time - so don't judge if you don't know the details
      2. I know they don't that is why we aren't IN a relationship we are just seeing each other. We are going to become un-exclusive while i'm away because I understand he has physical needs
      3. I just want to know how a girl can keep feelings there/develop them without physically being there, he might move on, but i'm hoping if i can keep the feelings then I can come back and something can actually happen between us without the distance this time.

• " so don't judge if you don't know the details"

I can only go by what YOU tell me. ALL Ex relationships "Are complicated".

Honestly, I don't think it's going to work. You can't keep the feelings there if he doesn't want to, and it sounds like he doesn't want to. He's ALREADY pulling away from you. Imagine once you're gone. The more you try , the more you will push him away.

What Girls Said 0