Is it wrong to not want a girlfriend but to want sex?

I have no need for relationships until I want to get married, which I don't want at this stage of my life. I also don't want baggage from having 3-4 relationships before I get married, nor do I want to marry a woman with excessive baggage.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's probably normal, sexual desire is a basic human need. But you do need to be careful, and maintain a balanced and healthy outlook. So obviously use protection, i mean that can pretty much go unsaid as the most obvious thing. Make sure to get checked even if you do use protection, though. You can never be too safe when it comes to genital diseases.
    And then balance and a healthy outlook is...
    Well balance is all about making sure to engage in some (like at least one) actual relationship, so you have so prior knowledge about maintaining a relationship with a girl. We learn from our experiences after all.
    Also, if you'd eventually like to end up with a totally awesome but perhaps sexually conservative girl. Be aware that she might not find this sexually adventurous period of your life particularly appealing. Especially if she herself is of a conservative mindset... the idea that her boyfriend just fucked without feelings until he was ready to settle, doesn't really sell you as a romantic kind of guy. So just be aware of that, keep it in balance.
    And then just keeping a healthy outlook, be aware or emotionally in touch with your feelings. Some girls who you think are just a fun time, could become people you have feelings for. Or vice versa. Don't lead a girl on, make sure you're very clear about your intentions.
    And good luck:)

What Girls Said 11

• It's not wrong, per se. But it is pretty selfish and unrealistic.

You want to fuck around, then magically land a perfect wife. Lol it doesn't work that way. Relationships require work and "baggage" is inevitable.

Hell, who do you think you are? And what makes you think YOU don't have baggage yourself? And if you're not in denial of your own baggage, why should a woman have to accept yours and not have any herself?

Your expectations are absurd and you'll most likely never find your perfect spouse.

But hey, there's always no strings attached sex. Just make sure to be upfront about your intentions, because said baggage is often caused by inconsiderate lying players in the first place, so you can't really complain when your behaviour may be the primary cause of the problem. :P

• I don't have any baggage because I have never been in a relationship, it feels pretty good.

• i bet you fuck like a champ :)

• Unfortunately, I only became sexually active 3 years ago. Though I have had a lot of practice with my boyfriend. :P

• Well if you don't want a relationship and have no desire to be in one then I don't find it wrong.
    You can either have one night stands or find a friends with benefits to get your needs satisfied.
    I don't see anything wrong with not being interested in a relationship at some point (s) in your life.
    You just have to understand that it might not be sure that your first relationship will end with marriage.
    And being in more than one relationship can help you with figuring out who you want to be with, how you want a relationship to work out and to find out something new about yourself.
    So it's really up to you about what you want now.

• I think to be honest it's how you feel yourself if you fantasize about sex then thats all fine and it's also okay if you don't want the hassle of a girlfriend.

• Just hook up with girls. It's not a big deal dude.

• Doesn't everyone do this crap?

• isn't that typical male behavior? doesn't matter if it's bad or good, you're going to do it anyways.

• why do you need our validation? you can do whatever you want, but when you sleep around too many times, don't cry to gag, asking how to deal with a std for a life time, you will never get rid of?

• I am careful with that and take all necessary precautionary measures.

• you can see cold sores.. it is easy to diagnose.

• "why do you need our validation"

You could say that to just about every other question ever asked on this site. The majority of them from women.

If you're worried about cold sores, then you should probably get an STD test before even kissing someone, lol

• yes, bad human! lOL, NO SERIOUSLY, who cares if you don't want a relationship, do you. I mean, as long as you stay protected and you are not about tricking women into things, then it's fine. One question though, how will you know if you're going to marry the right one or ever find the right one if you don't test the waters first by dating around? How will you know when you've found love if you had not seen the superficial stuff first?

• The best husband's are usually the ones that have experience - aka baggage. They know what they want and how to handle situations better.

Though, do as you please. I suppose you'll at least give her some good bedding.

• As long as you are not hurting anyone and your having save sex then go for it !! Enjoy it yolo !!

• yes it's wrong

What Guys Said 9

• Look it's not wring to want anything you can think of as long as it doesn't effect anybody else in a negative way aka what you called baggage. So if you can find somebody who wants the same thing go for it but you have to know that anything you do will leave you with some experiences and will impact your future relationships because even though we say we want just sex it's never just sex once you figure this out it makes any kind of relationship much easier because you're honest to yourself.
    Best of luck to you.

• Not at all. So long as you at least let your partner know you aren't seeking something serious, there's nothing wrong with it. Its when there's deception that trouble comes up.

• If you want to have casual sex only, as long as you're honest about that. it's fine.

As for getting married to your first relationship, well, it can be done, but good luck on that.

• the way you put it, it sounds good lol

• I don't think it's "wrong". It's your choice how you want to handle relationship stuff and I don't think there is any "right" way to do it.

• If you've come to this decision rationally, then you're right to take this approach.

• it's pretty common, actually.

• Having sex with lots of women will give YOU baggage, so expecting your wife to be baggage-free is pretty hypocritical.

• Sounds selfish to me. It's like saying: "I want to be a millionaire... without any guilt attached to it."

We all want it; we can't all get it. We take what we get. Usually.