What would you do if the person you were dating lied about their age?

Say they are underaged (Under 18) but told you they were 20?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• Lying is never a good way to start a relationship. Of course, it's rare for people to be completely honest when you first meet them (even if they don't outright lie, they may try to intentionally give a false impression or hie the truth, which is nearly as bad).

So in general, it depends on how understandable their reason for lying is, and if the lie could have caused any harm.

Age is one of those things where most of the time it doesn't matter.

However, if you are under 18, there are certain legal/social issues that must be considered. By lying about your age, you may have exposed the person you were dating to certain legal liabilities. Even if they wouldn't get in trouble with the law, parents could be another problem. Because when you're under 18, parents can force you to stop dating someone. The person you're dating would like to know that there's a third party that has control over the relationship.

These are risks that the person you're dating would like to know about. They may feel betrayed if they find out that these risks existed, and you didn't tell them, because yes these risks could harm them.

Also, if you're going to pretend to be someone older, you need to make sure you're mature enough to play the part. If you're still in high school, and pretending not to be in high school, then that's a huge chunk of your like you can't even mention to them. They also may ask what you do for a living. Are you in college? If so where? This could all become a very very big lie.

• The problem is that then the guy can be charged with sexual assault. Honestly, the age of consent should be like 15.

• nothing because i don't date but if i did i hope at least they've passed the age of consent

• Some girl i was going date did that to me she was supposed
    to be age 28 and she was really age 18 , well long to behold
    we never met wow she was moody

• Not good at all.

• Their are girl who are actually doing this. They lie about their age, dress so that they look older, and have fake ID's. Sadly that doesn't matter. They guy who they get involved with is mostly likely going to just because some bitch is trying to be older.

• Break up with them why was the guy you were dating under 18?

• friendzone them hard.

• That never happens. They always say they are younger, and then they're a cop.

• agreed with Scorpio909 ,, its true mostly girls never tell truth about her age.

• That's just.. I don't know it depends on how much i liked her. lp

• Not a fan of liars and I am not goin to da pokey

• I'd probably be annoyed at the start but it's not that big a deal, i dont think.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd send him to the corner for a time out.

• what would they do?
    go to jail most likely in a very pissed off state

• I would most likely break up with him for being dishonest, and because I wouldn't want to date someone who is underage.