Girl flaked on 2nd date, should I bother rescheduling?

Went on a first date with a girl. I thought it went quite well. Lots of flirting, banter, teasing. And towards the end of the date it was actually her who suggested going on a 2nd date, even choosing the place, a few days later.

I text her a couple of days after our first date seeing if she was still good for the date and she says, "Sounds good". I ask her if she needs a lift and she takes hours to reply before finally saying, "Let's decide on the day".

The date day rolls around and I text her during the day asking if she was all good to go on our date that night as planned. A few hours later, she finally texts back saying, "Sorry was too busy to text (BS), I have an important appointment this evening (more BS). Can we reschedule?"

I send back a polite text trying not to make a big deal out of it.

Should I bother rescheduling? I get the feeling when she said, "Can we reschedule?", what she really meant was, "Don't contact me again."

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont reschedule... if she was that interested she wouldn't have cancelled... she seems like she is keeping her options open and a better one came along!!!

What Girls Said 4

• I think she should reschedule… You never know what might have happened. Something important might of came up. She probably feels bad. Just give it another shot, if she cancels again…don't bother with her anymore.

• Try to reschedule but if she strings you along for more than 5 texts ( it really shouldn't take more than that to figure out another day), thank her for her time and move on. Personally, I believe it's the responsibility of the person who cancels to reschedule or at least offer an alternative time/date/activity

• Since she suggested another date, I would think she's interested. Give it another try, if she flakes again, move on to someone better

• What can it hurt to try? There may have been some legit emergency that is too personal for her to share with you just yet. At least trying will let you know for sure.

• Because my gut tells me she's not really that interested and I shouldn't be wasting my time.

• One more try might not hurt...

What Guys Said 1

• Give it one more try with little to no hopes and if she flakes again skip over her.