How do you make it clear to guy that you are not interested?

I'm a college student and I don't have time for a relationship. Yet I'm getting these guys who will always sit with me (repeatedly) in the cafeteria or will always be texting me. They haven't actually come out and said "I like you, and I want to go out," but they have clearly hinted at it. Usually I'll do my best to create a little distance between the two of us. Usually they get the hint but half of the time they will give me the guilt trip and start but then they start to guilt trip me by saying things along the lines of "What ever I did to make you hate me I'm sorry!" I know how it feels to get turn down and it stings, and I HATE hurting people! What is the best way to gentle make it clear from the get go that I'm not looking for a relationship, only friendship?

Most Helpful Guy

• easy. lie and say you have a boyfriend, that you're in love, engaged, whatever.

What Guys Said 6

• well if they don't come out and say they want a relationship how are you sure they want that? how do you know they don't just want to be friends? or maybe just want to hookup?

but nonetheless I think you should just say...
    "I just want to say up front that I don't really have time for relationships right now. So if that is what you are looking for I want you to know ahead of time so that things don't get weird. however if you are just looking for a friend then I am game"

• What do you mean that you are too busy? When will you ever stop being busy?

Anyway the best way is to call the "buddy" or "friend" or "dude" from the get go. Buddy works too well tbh. Don't hold eye contact for too long. Cross your arms and legs if they get too close. Talk about other guys in their presence. Casually tell them that you have no time for anything other than schoo

• "I'm flattered but I'm just not interested in a relationship right now, with anyone."

• Communicate clearly.

Which doesn't mean be mean on purpose. Just thank them for their interest but it's not mutual.

• Keep telling him what a good friend he is. That'll make it clear that he is in the "freinds zone" 😉 if that doesn't work them don't think too much on it. If he texts you then let him text you. Let him know that your not looking for a boyfriend if he asks you. Until then you don't have to tell him anything. He's happy and your happy. But chances are that he will find out that he is in the notoriously"friends zone". So eventually he will stop.

• When they text you R bomb them, and in person you gotta straight up tell them "I see you as a friend" or Something along those lines.

What Girls Said 2

• If I was you I would be friendly and when they start to flirt tell them straight up you don't want to talk to anyone and just want him as a friend

• Do you think it would be weird if I just said straight up saying "I see you as a friend and nothing more?" or will that come off as a bit self absorbed?

• No that's perfect because most girls try to ease into it but that makes a guy think like there is still a chance but if you say that it will get the point across and he will understand! Good luck!

• I would bring excuses not to hang out with them as often, eventually they will get the point. Also, maybe one day when you are having a conversation with them say I am very busy I dont have time to do anything else especially dating!