Why do girls like skinny guys?

I don't really get it. I don't think that girls should be attracted to obese males either, but why skinny? From an evolutionary perspective skinny men wouldn't have been able to take care of their family as well as someone well muscled. I mean so many girls say that Justin beiber has a great body. Uhh what?

It sort of makes sense that guys are somewhat attracted to skinny girls because they didn't have to protect ther family, they took care of the children, cooked etc. I'm not saying it's wrong, I just don't get it. Please explain it to me.

• Female: Im not attracted to skinny guys
  • Female: I'm attracted to skinny guys
  • Male: I can see why
  • Make: I don't get it

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls aren't attracted to skinny guys! And I don't know if you've kept up with the evolution of Justin Bieber but he's not skinny, yes, he's thin but he's also toned and muscular lol. Maybe you've misinterpreted the definition of skinny in the way that it applies to men. But generally, girls like men who are thin and muscular, not anorexic thin and not super buff and muscular and not fat. A little can go a LONG way when it comes to how thin or muscular a man is. But I have no idea why you thought girls are. in to thin guys, but trust me, they are NOT!

What Girls Said 7

• Eh, I've been attracted to all kinds of dudes. We don't live in caves anymore and I don't need to be "protected" so why does it matter?

• If I could like this post a million times I would.

A woman that doesn't need protection because she can look after herself. Praise the Lord.

• @asker Well that makes sense for some species, but for social primates like chimps, the lead chimp is often not the strongest. The lead chimp often uses intellect and alliances to be the alpha. Obviously if you look at how us humans excel, our strength isn't what separates us. We've lost that as our brains have developed. We all know this but you're only factoring in pure size as being attractive. That's not all females are attracted to.

• I so wanna protect u ;)

• I've liked my fair share of. skinny guys.
    Skinny to average.
    Buff doesn't do it for me.

• I only go for men with build and muscle. Don't particularly fancy skinny men.

• I am definitely not attracted to skinny guys! I'm more into broad shoulders, muscular, manly, someone thats bigger than me (in size) because it fees good to cuddle with bulky guys rather than skinny guys. Skinny guys is such a turn off, even if they're stick-skinny with abs just ugh. But I'm also not attracted to obese guys. Someone manly and muscular is my kind of guy, and guys with bootys.. damn.. The body is what I look at first, then the face.

• but... Justin Bieber isn't even skinny anymore.. he's toned.

• If you're skinnier than "me"? No thank you. I like a normal-sized guy... One that can hug me & I feel small. And I'm a size 8, FYI, lol

• I really don't get it either. I've never been into the lean male body type.

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on how skinny you are talking about. Most of the "back in the day of hunting and gathering and yaddayaddayadda" nonsense is just rationalization, though. If I could get away with it, I'd burn all Allan & Barbara Pease books that made people think this is the standing point of current psychology. Hell, I'm attracted to a specific body type but I'm pretty sure that's not because of million years old habitual tendencies. Society requires different kinds of skills, not just "protection" and shiz. In fact, I'm quite certain that the whole `I feel protected but only by guys over the height of 6'0" which is certainly not conveniently just after 5'11"` thing is cultural indoctrination.

Basically, the qualities people find attractive in others are diverse enough that you can't really make a generalization like that, and I'm pretty sure your rationalization for WHY it shouldn't work is also not valid.

• I think you are confusing skinny with athletic type build. There's a name for it.

lucasjamespersonaltraining.com/.../Bodytype2.jpg

⬆ I'd think the largest percentage of girls would want the 2nd guy.

abeautifulbody.files.wordpress.com/.../...ypes.jpg

It seems that the popular trend is either a meso or a guy in-between a ectro and meso.

• Different women are attracted to different types. Honestly, I think the lady who is attracted to a guy based entirely on his looks isn't worth your time :\

• Dude, what's wrong with skinny? or any other body type?

• A lot of women are not attracted to skinny guys.

I'm short, I'm skinny and I am kryptonite to a lot of women.

I make women feel less feminine and I give them a sense of feeling rather fat.

How do I know? They've told me themselves. Straight from the horses mouth.

• Because we're athletic and don't smell sweaty. We can have sex for hours unlike other guys who only last a minute or two. And when we get older, we hardly get fat. We just look better and better with time.