Do you believe a guy should drop his plans he made before hand because his girlfriend went and made plans for both of them with talking to him?

So next week is my friends birthday and I had already promised I go. Well one of my girlfriend's told her about this couples event (Not really sure what it is) problem is it's the same day as my friends birthday. My girlfriend had already signed us up before talking to me about it and now expects me to go. I told her I can't go because I already made plans for myself. She responded by asking can't I just postpone it for a day. My exact words to that were: "I can't just postpone my friends birthday. Would you want me doing that to you?" She got pissed and walked out.

Most Helpful Girl

• let her like that she will get over it -_- gosh as a girl I would never make plans without talking to my boyfriend about it to see if he is not busy just go to your friend birthday and let her pissed off like that she will accept it after a while.. don't postpone anything --" if she was really considering you she would ask you in first place what is a relationship for her if there is no communication -_-

What Girls Said 7

• No, you should always keep your commitments barring unusual circumstances (i. e accident etc). It's a sign of integrity.
    Your girlfriend shouldn't be making plans without asking you, and she shouldn't be encouraging you to break promises. If she's mad now, hopefully she'll just get over it. Her behavior was unreasonable, there's a difference between keeping her your first priority and dropping your friends at her every whim.

• no your girlfriends being selfish and unreasonable, go to your friends birthday party. she was supposed to ask before signing you both up and you made plans first so she has no reason to be mad.

• No, you should not have to.. its her fault for making plans without discussing it with you first.

• That unfair to you. Go to your friends party.

• It's your friend's birthday.
    She'll get over it, she has no real reason to be mad.

• In my opinion, no, you made your plans first + it was wrong from her not to ask you about it first.

• No you should go to your friends birthday that more important and then go do something with her the next day PR something she shouldn't be mad if she didn't tell ypy about it

• *that's *or *you

What Guys Said 1

• So what you're saying is, you finally discovered how women are?