Would you date a video gamer?

I'm just wondering what my chances are in the dating world seeing that I'm a gamer.

• yes
  • no
I would not be on the games all day. I just game when there is nothing to do

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly (and somewhat harshly)
    Video gamers are OFTEN the stereotype.
    They lack motivation & people skills.
    It makes no sense why a female would want to be with a guy who would laze around the house on his ass playing video games instead of helping around the house, or going out with her somewhere and living life.

Most gamers I know would rather sit at home playing some stupid quest game, accomplishing NOTHING, and then occasionally have you around for sex. This doesn't work. If you want a female to stick around, you need to become a human being, not a basement stump in your moms house, living online with other stumps like you.

(Again... my opinion... may not be the same as others)

What Girls Said 34

• I am already in a relationship with one.

• Yes, as long as he didn't become overly obsessed or put me Constantly on a back burner in playing these games, maybe in the end, "Playing games" with me because he would be finding lame excuses to stay home rather than be with me.
    Good luck. xx

• Currently in a relationship with one. I'm fine with him being a gamer as long as he's ok with my being an otaku and into the Lolita fashion (I don't put the two together by the way it's not a fetish and is honestly a modest fashion) I got into the fashion through Visual Kei music because of Mana a famous Lolita even though he's a dude he rocks the style in such an epic way. Anyway I wouldn't mind being with a gamer seeing as I'm already with one. xD

• I have been in a relationship with a gamer for 6 years and since became a bit of a gamer too. As long as gaming doesn't replace spending time with a gf and have a good balance then all is good.

• I could've sworn 98% of the guys are gamers. I think we'd all have to say yes on this.

• If he likes playing it a few time a week, no problem. But if he's playing it day and night, then obviously his game is more important than me. Plus, I'll think that he doesn't have a life besides his games.

• Yeah, my boyfriends a gamer.

• The only reason why I wouldn't is because I easily get addicted to gaming. So we're probably be gaming 24/7 lol.. That's why I don't game anymore.. for years now.

• yes, it would be great to play borderlands or any game with two players and order pizza and call that a date :D

• I'm engaged to one and I'm one myself lol

• not a problem a gamer myself but it would be a problem if he sits there with 30 cans of coca-cola vanila with skittles and chips playing cod or dota

you gotta get out of the house once in a while and live reality, thats the best game there is

• I would. They are usually hot. BUT I dislike if they just sit on their a*ses all day long doing nothing but gaming..

• Yes maybe we could sit together and play some video games 🎮📺💻💿😊🌼
    I'm not saying it's hot but it's really fun💖🌼

• My boyfriend of 3.5 years is a gamer, and so am I, so I find gamers very attractive. To most girls, it shouldn't be a problem, regardless of whether they are a gamer too. But playing games with your significant other is such a fun thing to do, so maybe look for someone with similar interests to you in games, so you can enjoy gaming together.

• I've dated gamers, and no more how sewer they are, how much they care for you, I've always seen the game come first

• Yes I would date a gamer I'd play with as long as they didn't get mad for sucking lol

• lol.. the tantrum having, controller throwing, tv smashing kind of gamer? thats usually attractive to watch... he says with a ton of sarcasm

• @tdieseler yea why not I can compare it to me and my sports lol

• as long as we go out sometimes and not stay at home 24/7 im good lol

• Of course. As long as it doesn't completely take over his life :)

• I would like to play also!

• Sure, wouldn't mind.

• I'm married to one. Then again, I am one!

• Yes, I like video games too

• It depends

• My boyfriend is a gamer. :)

• Nothing wrong with a gamer :)

• Yes, as long as he doesn't make fun of how bad I am at video games. I wouldn't have many guys to choose from if I wouldn't.

• Everyone games!

• It depends, are we talking Xbox or play station here?

• Already am

• I'm already in relationship with one... and I am gamer tooo...

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 10

• Yes i would. but I would hope she wasn't obsessed with gaming. like spent excessive amounts of time gaming

• 0|0
  • Yes, but only if she wants to play video games instead of making me spend time with her friends.

• why not? many girls love video games

• Last two girlfriends were gamers I am one as well. The only thing you need to know is don't obesse over your games and always put your lady first and let her play.

• Sure, so long as she doesn't pick the game over me all the time.

• I wouldn't mind, especially if it was a fiesty redhead that likes things like GTAV or Saints row

• I'm calling BS on this poll. Sorry ladies, you aren't fooling me.

• Almost everyone's a gamer these days

• Many people play video games. They're a form of entertainment. But you don't see an issue with defining yourself as a "gamer"? Because I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're asking this question because you're having some trouble finding a partner... I don't imagine someone would ask this question if they didn't, because they wouldn't care.

Everyone has hobbies. I ride motorcycles, spend a decent amount of time at the gym each week, and yes I play video games too. But if you start to think of it as a lifestyle, then of course you're going to run into problems with people that either A) Can't get onboard and see it as a bit of an obsession/addiction (which may have some truth), or they B) Don't like coming second to a video game, like most people reasonably would.

So that's really the important part to this question: is this similar to an addiction to you? Do you live to play video games and nothing else?

• I don't play games like its an obession but where I live there is nothing to do and I don't have money to just spend