Hey Women.. Being an Alpha guy is what you want?

I sent an email to my recent ex girlfriend her yesterday. stood up for myself and was clear that it was my last attempt to contact her. I realized this week is that her "silent treatment" is a game she has played many times. We are 48 and 46 way too old for games. I tolerated that for too long... No more!

as a matter of fact I tolerated a lot of behavior that I should have had the balls enough to put an end to. silent treatment, break ups, emotional outburst, really really low blow comments. This is all stuff I had never done to her. If I hold myself to those standards than I have no problem holding others to it as well.

Not sure where I handed her my balls and gave up my power. I am an Alpha guy and need to remember that. I know from experience that women crave that kind of guy and are repelled when a guy acts like a wimp.

OKAY everyone... maybe Alpha is the wrong term to use. How about I need to be the guy i USED to be. Knows what he wants and goes for it. Willing to demand that I be treated with the same RESPECT that I give others. Not a dickhead.

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer Epsilon guys. They're good at heart and know what they want.

Theta guys are usually quite nice, but tend to be very clingy, which is so not my thing.

Kappa guys can be fun for hook-ups, but that's it. Not much there in the brains-department, if you know what I mean.

Lambda guys on the other hand are the most intelligent ones, but their social awkwardness makes them undateable.

Omicron and Rho guys are prone to pathological lying and lack empathy. Forget it.

Sigma guys are simply terrible. In every aspect.

I could go on..

As for Alpha guys - no thanks. Worst kind there is.

What Girls Said 6

• when i hear a guy describe himself as "alpha"... i'm immediately turned off by him. you don't need a silly label like that to be the kind of person who stands up for himself. i think men and women -both- want people who respect themselves.

• agreed... I feel so good to have stood up for myself ... finally

• So she's in her 40's and acting like a high schooler. Dump her for good and move on. If she comes crawling back don't give in. The alpha/beta stuff is a load of crap. Just know that women don't want a guy who doesn't know what he wants in a relationship, or who at least isn't clear enough with his intentions.

• I have absolutely decided that already. She has to know that she cannot act in this way and expect me to take her back, like i have done every single time!

• As soon as a guy says he's an alpha I immediately write him off as a colossal douche bag.

• You can be not a wimp and not be an "alpha." Guys who describe themselves as such are usually muscle milk chugging airheads with a shitty view on women and their worth.

I'll stick to "betas" thank you very much.

• Ps your gf totally sounds like a bitch, but don't let that be an excuse for you to be a dick. Find another woman, and don't treat her like shit just because you had a bad relationship. THAT is just as childish as she is.

• i totally agree. All I am doing is demanding the same level of treatment that I give out. Respectful, no games, etc...

• Alpha was definitely the wrong term. You're talking about a guy with self respect and only douchebags want a partner they can walk all over.

• psychcentral.com/.../

www.thenarcissisticpersonality.com/.../

Read those. You will know how to deal with her, after. Basically, cut all ties.

• thankyou... those articles are dead on...

• Yep, you just get this moment of clarity! Honestly, the more you read and the more you read the accounts of people who have been in a relationship with someone like that, it'll make you feel a whole lot better about all the time you wasted with her.

What Guys Said 7

• Any guy who labels himself an alpha is probably an overbearing douchelord who's too insecure to give a woman space in a relationship. He certainly wouldn't respect her opinion because what he says goes. Really all you women should run from guys like that. I'm not kidding.

• Hahahahahah 48 and 46? Yeah true, but you know maturity after 18-21 has no age. I'm sure people around y'all's age are immature. Seems she's one of them.

Yeah you did the right thing. Cut that chick off.

• There will undoubtedly be women who answer you and claim they don't like that. They can mostly be dismissed.

• yup... but I know from experience... women want a strong guy. They want a leader. It is in their DNA. Too much media and crap that have pushed the "female type guy" on us. No No No. I want to be more like John Wayne! and I don't care what the girls say. I know that's what they want whether they admit to it or not.

• You guys are like way too old for that ish. I think she's about to crack and be all on your D.

• well if she cracks and comes back... I am laying down the law... my buddy helped point out,, I am an entrepeneur, mountain climber, ultra marathoner.. etc... total A-Dude... but with this gal I went Beta and gave her my power. Time for the real me to wake the F**K up!

• Hell ya! Total domination! :D

• 1) You're trying to be "alpha"... you're over 45, not 17 years old with no clue about women. Although it kind of sounds like the last part is still true...

2) "Alphas" don't contact their exs to try and get them back, brosef. You already let her know that despite her ignoring you, you're going to keep contacting her. BUT THEN you're going to try playing the "alpha game" where you're contacting her... but giving her an ultimatum for some reason. She's already made up her mind if she's ignoring you. You're just the chump that keeps contacting her like you're her little puppy dog.

• dude... read my post again... I was very clear no more contact.

• Dude, read MY post again. You contacted her, to let her know this is the last contact.

• Nothing worse than an alpha

• 1|0