My boyfriend wants to go swimming but I'm too self conscious?

So my boyfriend really wants to take me to the beach. I keep puttin it off because I'm ashamed of how I look. He's very talk and thin and I short and slightly chubby ( I have big muscular thighs, thin arms, but my stomach isn't completely flat and I think it's my worst feature). He says he likes the way I look, but at the same time he's never seen me in my underwear or anything. But I have slim arm and I'm afraid he now thinks all of me is slim. He says he really likes my legs, but once I get in bikini bottoms they look huge and I don't think I'm ready for him to see me like that. I'm trying to loose weight, but he really wants to go to the beach. How can I either avoid going or building up the confidence to go.

Most Helpful Guy

• the answer is in the question
    "he says he likes the way I look"
    the way i see it, you are the only one that doesn't like the way you look... so put on those bottoms girl and strut that beach like you own it and see if you don't have the proudest boyfriend on that beach. Men are simple... dont complicate it.

• thank you for the vote and let me know how it went

• lol... that should suck

• It honestly doesn't suck. I enjoy helping other people, it makes me happy

What Guys Said 4

• Oh my goodness these questions irritate me so much. Look at this picture

wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/.../fatkini.jpg

Does she look self-conscious? No? Then why on earth are you hating on yourself when there's clearly nothing inherently wrong with you? Sheesh.

• GIRL YOU JUST DO YOU AND GO TO THE BEACH

FOR ALL YOU KNOW, AN ASTEROID COULD HIT THE EARTH TOMORROW AND BLOW US ALL TO KINGDOM COME!!

THEN THERE WON'T EVEN BE A BEACH TO GO TO.

IF YOU'RE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT, MAKE AN EFFORT TO EAT HEALTHIER AND GO ON SOME WALKS. UNTIL THEN, ENJOY BASKING IN THE SUN AND LOVE OF YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!

LIVE FREEEEEEEE

• You sure he's your boyfriend if he's never even see you in his underwear?

• in your`

• Every time we start getting intimate and start getting undressed I either get self conscious and ask him to stop, or ask him if I can keep my short on

• If he loves you, it doesn't matter how you look. I know it's all in your head but please, go have fun with your boyfriend @ the beach. You'll be glad you went

What Girls Said 3

• If he has anything to say about your body which he most certainly won't.. he needs ditching into the next recycle bin

• Wear a swimsuit that fits you perfectly and then stop worrying about it.
    The right swimsuit can do wonders, it's all about knowing your body shape and what colors look best on you to figure out what style of swimsuit you need. Don't shy away from tankinis or one pieces or skirts thinking it's going to make you look like a prude, they can be super flattering and hot if they fit your body right. There's plenty of online body shape guides to help you find the right swimsuit for you.

• he should like you for you. I know you probably want a guys opinion on this, but honestly we all have things we are not happy with concerning our body/shape. go to the beach be confident and comfortable in your skin, he'll love that! don't worry overmuch about this.