Pros and cons of dating an older guy?

What are the pros and cons of dating an older, experienced guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cons are society tends to look down on that, an older guy might use his age as means of control, and he may expect more maturity out of a partner than they can give, may want more traditional values (could be a pro depending on the girl)

Pros are more stability, better in bed, maturity, less prone to infidelity, confidence, more likely to have house/car/career etc, more emotionally supportive, cares less about perfect looks

• Awesome thank you for the most helpful (:

If you're considering an older guy for dating I hope things work out well for you.

• Thank you :)

What Guys Said 1

• There are no cons.. It's all good. Trust me!! ;))

What Girls Said 6

• My boyfriend is 17 years older than me and the pros of dating him would have to be that it's a much more mature relationship, he has a lot of experience (not just sexually but life wise), usually they have their life together and know what they want. Cons are that people are negative but I tell them how old he is.

• Age doesn't necessarily mean they're better in bed. How good they are has nothing to do with age, more so experience. It really depends on your guy though too. Generally, they're more financially stable and actually know what they want, less games.

• pros: usually mature, understand things you might not, have that older 'sexy' look, confident, not as picky.

cons: can be controlling, manipulative (depends), think they know everything, have kids (usually), have exwives (usually)

• Wonderful.

• My first relationship was with an older man, I was 19 and he was 26. Not a huge difference but he was very controlling. He kept telling me that because I had never been in a relationship before, that he always knew better because he was so experienced. He bragged that I was girl number (mid 20) in the list of how many woman he dated. His friends constantly teased me asking me if I was 16 and treating me like a child and not once did he ever defend me. You would think he would be more mature but he was also very jealous of both my male and female friends. I told him in the beginning I was a virgin and I wasn't ready to give it up yet which he claimed was no problem but forced me to do other (sexual) things with him even when I said no because in his words "that's what people in relationships do" a line I'd heard too often from him. I'm not saying all older men are like this, but this was my experience when I got involved with an older, experienced guy. Just make sure the two of u are on the same path in understanding what kind of relationship you want.

• Depends how much older. If it's just a couple years a possible pro would be that you guys would be on the same maturity level. Con of dating a much older guy is that you guys might be in different stages of your life.