Why do girls get emotionally attached in a romantic relationship so quickly?

When i start to like a guy i find myself wanting to text, call, and hang out with them whenever i can. Why does this happen to girls but it doesn't seem like it is the same for guys? How can i prevent myself from becoming too clingy and attached before he walks away? Any helpful advice is appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys feel the same! Maybe we just control the urge better? Have you considered waiting until you have something to talk about, or go a few days so there's new things to tell him on your next date?

• We have gone on many dates and there's a lot to talk about but i just feel like he doesn't like me as much as i like him. Why could that be?

• Thanks for your help! I think i understand a lot better now. Your insight is greatly appreciated. :)

• You're very welcome. Here's to it all going well for you!

What Guys Said 5

• The other guy has it right: Some guys (I'm one of 'em) consider texting to be bland. There's no personality in it, its slow, and you cannot eat or play while doing it, unlike actual verbal conversation.
    It's highly likely that he would just rather be there with you than to constantly text.

If this is the case, then you'll score bonus points if you're sparing with the texts, only sending occasional message, especially if they're useful. ("Do you wanna hang out, today?" As apposed to, "Hey, whatcha doing? Lol!" )

• Thank you for your insight :) i will try this but it will be hard considering i am the type of person who DOES like to text constantly :/

• Very helpful advice! Is there anything else i could do to prevent myself from coming off too strong just in general? It doesn't have to be necessarily in texting.

• It's a combination of life experience, the teaching of one's parents and studying to ensure you understand these things.

My experience in life has generally gotten me to a point wherein at almost any given month, there is at least one girl that I could either date or with whom I could copulate (sexual intercourse). The trick is that most people suck.
      If you cannot speak like a normal human being to that person, then what is wrong with him or her? That's the big lesson in life, right there.
      If you cannot just have a conversation, if you cannot ask questions, if you cannot do some things that are a bit silly, without the other person becoming angry, very confused, rude, or outright mean, then that person is a waste of time.

Regarding "coming across too strong," well-- to that I would simply say, "Show a little self-awareness."
      On some level, you should understand where "quirky" and "forthright" end, and "goofy" and "obnoxious" begin.

• Yeah' I too need answers on this :3

• Because they feel lonely.

• Not just girls do.. I do too

• They probably feel like the more they fall the more the guy will want her and or give her sex

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's pretty normal to want to text and hang out all the time with someone you've caught feelings for (because you're really eager for the relationship to blossom) but I think it's a matter of not acting on those impulses. Keep in mind that you don't want to be a bother. So even though you may want to continue that text conversation even though he's starting to give you one word answers, and even though you may want to call to see if you can hang out with him every other day even though he hasn't contacted you in a while, don't. Just don't.

• So i should stop the texting conversation before it gets boring?

• Yeah, when the conversation is starting to get uninteresting then might as well. Don't want it to get to that point where you're just like so in their face.

• Thanks so much for your help! Ill try that! :)