I've been waiting 19 years for a relationship, how much longer do I have to wait?

I'm a freshman in college and I've never been in a relationship before but I want one. Seeing couples being cute around campus makes me happy and sad because they are so cute and I've never had that. I don't want to appear desperate, but I do want a relationship.

I should also add that I'm super awkward and nervous all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I asked myself the same question right after I graduated from high school. I gave up waiting and decided to change myself. I was like you awkward socially always bouncing between my friends of different culture. You never realize it till you asked yourself were they different or were you different.

I went out of my way during th summer to improve myself, and was slowly changing my life and relearning social etiquette. I regret never changing myself earlier; you got to adapt to the changing world. I wanted new things in life more and more but remained the same never adapting.

You don't need to wait anymore, life is what you put in.

What Guys Said 8

• First step is lower any high standard you have for a guy, do on to others you want donee to yourself, love yourself, be yourself, and lastly don't bring drama to anyone it's a turn off. Next hang out with guys who are your type. Be a social butterfly and look around for guys you trust and try to get to know them. Soon you find a guy that's for you.

• Freshman in college here. We are almost in the exact same boat, it seems. From what I have seen, its a matter of patience. You want a relationship, sure, but probably not with just anyone. Also, being a shy quiet person, especially around people you like can be a real pain. Sadly, I believe it is just a matter of waiting for the right person to come around, seeing as to how I myself have never in a relationship as well, I have figured that doing one right is a hell of a lot better than doing 5 wrongs.

• It's because of a very simple fact that you pointed out in your own ask. "I've been WAITING". You don't just magically get put into a relationship, these things take effort and time, and boldness from both parties.

• Hang in there girly. It will come eventually. Maybe try upping ur game a little. If u talk to guys regularly try getting a bit more touchy feely with the ones you like, this is a super big indicator.

• More realistically about six, which isn't that long or bad. Just approach who you're interested in.

• You found one now

• I've been waiting almost 22 years now for one. I'm losing hope fast. :(

• try asking a guy out

What Girls Said 3

• What have you done in your stakes in fishing a guy? I'm mot a psychic. If you have done nothing and expect a guy to come in your life.. its time to do something about it.

• there are people older than you and are in this boat

• Man, I get that feeling. You could go out a little more, like just walk around campus, hang out on a bench/lawn to read or whatever your hobby is. Make eye contact with people (without staring), smile, try to make yourself approachable, and try to be a little more social. I know it can be hard if you're shy/awkward, but it doesn't take a huge change to get people to notice you more. Notice your friends, and think about whether there's a potential relationship with any of them. Since you're probably already comfortable around them, it might not be as stressful.

If none of that works, you could try online dating. You have to be careful with it, but it makes approaching people a LOT easier, and you'll probably get lots of messages, so you have more chances to find someone who clicks with you.