Why don't girls ever like me?

I used to approach 1 girl a day and probably approached 100 girls. I would always show an interest in them by asking about them and kind of getting to know them, but I never once was able to get any phone numbers. Usually I'd start off by saying I thought they were really gorgeous and wanted to say hi and then I'd move into asking about them. Or I'd say something like I noticed you when I walked by earlier and I wanted to come back and say hi and then I'd show an interest and get to know them and talk for 10-15 minutes before asking for a number. The thing is most of these girls would say they had a bf. After I just spent 15 minutes talking to her! I think the next time a girl says that I'm just going to say and your point is? Anyways, girls I don't get it. I'm starting to wonder if all these girls thought I was looking to hookup or something. It was the daytime for the most part that I approached all these girls. haha Help me out please:) Maybe I just need to be a little more balzy.

Most Helpful Guy

• it depends on how you approach them, I've noticed a lot of women can tell what your intentions are, and if you come on too strong you're going to make them very uncomfortable. Don't approach a girl with the intentions of trying to date her, approach the girl with the intention of getting to know her and being her friend. Also, It's best not to make comments about their appearances so fast. When I'm at the college and I'm talkign to a girl, I don't talk about how pretty she is, rather I open up by giving a different compliment. If I'm outside having a smoke and she walks over the smoking area I might say something like "hey how's it goin?" after a bit of smalltalk I might say something like "I love that tattoo, freaking awesome. My names Jeff, very nice to meet you", and just give her a gentlemanly ladytype handshake (if that makes any sense, I'm sure you know the type of shake I'm talking about lol), maybe ask her what the tattoo means to her, where she got it, etc. but it's different with everyone. The main thing is, don't be in a rush to find someone man, things happen when you least expect it.

• So you mean I can go up and randomly start talking to a girl I see at the mall or grocery store? Or are you saying I should just maybe pick one small thing about her to compliment her on instead of her being cute in general? A compliment is how I get the conversation started normally. I see when you mean though. I think I always focused too much on the end result which was getting her phone number.

What Girls Said 1

• Either you're going after girls who aren't interested. Or you're doing something wrong in your approach. Once you find a girl that you like, make eye contact with her. One of the main reasons why guys get rejected by girls is because they don’t make eye contact with them first. If you don’t make eye contact first, girls may feel vulnerable because they will feel like you snuck up on them when they weren’t ready for it in any way. Plus, you need to pay attention to body language. A really good way to know a girl u you to approach when you give a slight smile, & she smiles back. If she looks at you blankly, then don't even bother.

Moreover, I can tell you what NOT to do based on past encounters. Firstly, don't ask her too many questions. Meeting someone should involve a conversation, not a job interview! Secondly, don't interrupt her. If she seems busy, such as, talking on the phone, having dinner with others, or at the gym with her headphones on then wait a while until after she's finished to approach her. Thirdly, don't list things about yourself like some seedy car salesman. “I get fantastic highway mileage — and I passed my latest inspection!” Girls want to discover what’s great about you; they don’t want you to tell them things like, "I’m kind of a big deal”. Also, give compliments but don't overly do it. & women are very attentive. We pay attention to everything. Therefore, be careful to not hit every woman within the same area. If a woman saw you just hit on another woman, or multiple women right before approaching her, then she's less likely to give you her number. We view this as, "he's just trying to score".

What Guys Said 3

• Let's see, a guy appearing out of the blue and asking for my number, how can she not see you want to hookup or something when you ask for a number.

• well then what do I do to make her not think this? I don't have much of a social life so I'm stuck approaching random girls. Besides everyone is a stranger until you get to know them so I don't see it being that big of a problem.

• Lol, you got to play both sides to understand; imagine the latest apple iPhone came out and your a store employee. Your work place is busy and all day you sold the news iphone, the next customer comes in, what do you think they want?

Also from your post, I imagine you approach on streets, cafe. Malls, and etc. The only way not to have her like this is you don't ask for her number or she gives it to you.

One rule I use always is by never using the word number when trying to get a girls digit but the word contact. If your skilled enough go on an instant date; you sound like you know the city well. Find somewhere nice and continue the conversation; During the conservation you want to talk about future stuff, and friendzone her. If you have a watch it gives you a good exuse to look down at your wrist and tell her you got to go. Tell her it's she seems like a nice person, give it a minute look like your thinking, and say let's trade contacts.

• Yes I pretty much approach girls just about anywhere. I've had some of my best conversations in department stores and grocery stores. The hardest part though is getting them stopped cause most of the time they've started walking somewhere again by the time I walk over. You said I should take about future things, instead of complimenting her on her looks, can I walk up and say something like hey have you ever been sky diving before? Then that should get her talking. It's just hard cause we've never met before and most people don't walk up and just start talking at a grocery store. lol So they are always like ok why is he talking to me. You see what I mean?

• It may have been your appraoch or maybe they just were not attracted to you.

• You're too hard on yourself.. They'll like you.. Just let them get to know the real you.. Good luck brother