How come tall guys always like the shorter girls?

I'm 6'2 and I absolutely hate being a very tall girl. I like it that I have more advantages but the dating world, nothing. My ex boyfriend was only 5'9 and he abused me because I was taller and bigger than me and very hostile to me. I asked out this 6'9 guy bit he rejected rejected and asked out a petite woman. One of my friends is only 5'2 and her man is 6'3. What a lucky girl. I can't help being bitter when I see the short woman standing on her tippy toes kissing her tall boyfriend/husband. GERR! I'm so jealous.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 6'4", and although I have a slight preference for short girls, it's way down on the list for me. As long as a girl and I have compatible interests and personalities, I'll date her no matter how tall she is. It's just not that big of a deal for me.

There are just so many other things that are more important than height. If a girl is 5'2", but a raging bitch, I'm not even going to look twice. If there was another girl who was 6'2" and really sweet, I'd choose to be with her over the short one, no contest.

The bonus would be, if we dated, that you'd still be the short one in the relationship. :-)

What Guys Said 8

• Well generally the guy is thought of as being the protector or the one with... erm... more authority? Therefore, they're taller. Guys just naturally like a girl shorter than them.
    Good luck though!

• Let me backfire this question at you.

"Why do almost NO girls ever like the shorter guys?" This is as much a male preference issue as it is a female preference issue. Your ex boyfriend did not abuse you because of his height, he did it because he was psychologically unbalanced, and you should date men who are mentally healthy.

Personally, I would avoid 6'9'' guys if I were you, because if you have kids with a guy like that, you could end up with a 6'5'' daughter that will be ridiculed her entire life because of her extreme height. A shorter father would balance the gene pool so you could end up with normal sized kids.

But that being said, this is your life, if you want to continue acting like a little girl, then continue, but men would respect you more if you starting acting like a grown woman, stopped living in this fantasy world, and faced life for what it really is.

• Really? I'm around 5'3 and don't give a damn about how tall the girl is. I can't speak for other short guys nor can I speak for tall guys.

• I like short girls. I don't know why, it's most likely due to me having fun picking on them considering the difference in height (I'm pretty tall, indeed).
    However, many of my friends largely prefer taller girls, even some tall ones.

• I like tall girls.

• isn't that other way around, i always find short girls preferring tall guys over someone of their own height

• for me a girls height doesn't really matter, i'm 5'7 and i swear i find tall girls very hot and sexy, attractive, but i doubt a guy like me would appeal to you

• I don't know where you live but in my part of Europe, short girls are considered unattractive. Everyone wants a tall girl. I'm taller than you and I'd be happy to find a girl your height but they are so hard to find.

Short girls are common, they are everywhere. They look compressed and have unattractive legs. You on another hand, are unique. Tall girls are sexy and hot!

Tall guys are often seen with short girls not because short girls are more attractive (it's quite the opposite) but because they tend to hit on tall guys the most. They are easy because they are insecure about their height and they wanna make up for it by finding a tall guy so they go after tall guys quite aggressively. So it's just easier for a tall guy to get a shortie when they are so available.

One of my friends is a bball player and his girlfriend is taller than you. He always wanted a tall girl and was thrilled when he found her.

What Girls Said 1

• I am short and I have a tall boyfriend. I can understand your frustration, and that was totally mean of your ex... good thing he is an ex! (for good reason!) But, in answer to your question, guys like to feel like they have the power to protect their gal. Despite this, there are guys who like taller girls. My boyfriend, for one, was not really fond of my height before he met me... so trust me... they are out there!! Have faith, girl!!