Are fat girls the female version of "the nice guy"?

So short and sweet.

Nice guys think that because they've got a good personality, that should be enough to get dates. A mistake, to be sure, but many nice guys fail to learn and make themselves sexually attractive to get a girl.

Fat girls think that because they've got a good personality or whatever, that should be enough to get dates. A mistake, to be sure, but how many fat girls do you see working out to make themselves sexually attractive so they can get a guy?

Basically, they both epic fail because they don't make themselves sexually attractive to get a partner, and quite often refuse to change/better themselves. So, the fat girl is basically the same as "the nice guy."

• Yep, fat girls are female nice guys
  • No, very different

Most Helpful Girl

• Until we have to hear "Why won't you date me, I'm a FAT GIRL isn't that all that matters?" it won't ever be the same lol.

The thing with nice guys is that, niceness is such a generic and common trait. If your defining trait is just being nice, you don't have much to offer. Everyone is described as nice at some point.
    And what's even worse is that I hear guys on this site say shit like "I was nice... but now I'm not because girls don't like me. So I'm gonna be a dick and treat everyone like shit."

Hold up- so you're saying you were nice until you didn't get your way? That doesn't sound too nice to me. And nice people aren't nice because they're expecting something in return. Also, most guys who call themselves nice guys feel entitled to women because they're nice. "Well... I don't hit girls! I've never hit a girl! I don't hit it and quit it! I'm not a jerk! Like, I think rape is bad and stuff!" O RLY, is that all it takes to be a good candidate for a date? THE ABSENCE of awful traits? Doesn't make you a good person.

Fat girls and fat guys do deserve love, but they can't blame someone for not dating someone they're not attracted to. Personality does count, but they need to drop the weight first. I'm not quite as annoyed when they complain. At least for them they can easily remedy their problem. Nice guys are just brats with an inability to communicate to girls properly and thus, blame them for their lack of sex and love.

by the way I'm referring to "Nice Guys" not genuinely nice guys.

• agree that there's a difference between "I'm a nice guy!" guys and the guys that girls say "he's such a sweet, nice guy."

though I'd say the similarity between fat chicks/nice guys is the same "my personality is great, isn't that enough?"

• The guys I know who don't get many dates (me included) don't sit around lamenting that we should get dates because we're nice. We largely know why we don't get dates. I've been fat up until the last two years, but lost weight because I knew that was holding me back. The other guys I know who are usually on the outside looking in know that they're not suave enough, or funny enough, or cool enough or whatever. We hate that we usually get overlooked, but none of us feels like we deserve anything. We're all working to try to get ourselves more attractive by lifting weights and learning how to be cockier around girls. We're nice guys because that's who we are. We're not nice to get girls. In fact, if anything, our niceness holds us back from reaching our potential.

• I'm not talking about guys like you! I am SPECIFICALLY referring to guys who think that they are nice and therefore should get dates. I am SPECIFICALLY referring to them and no one else. Do you STILL NOT GET IT.

What Girls Said 9

• Maybe this fits a group of overweight women. Not all of them. Plenty are confident and successful in relationships... same goes for nice guys too. I think the issue here is that you assume skinny or average weight girls are everyone's ideal, which simply isn't true.

• Fat girls are the female equivalent of fat guys.

Nice guys are butthurt guys who fail to realize that they are not as great as they think they are. They are usually boring, and they blame their lack of success in dating on girls' alleged shallowness.

• Uh, no. There is a difference between genuinely sweet girls and obesity. Besides fat people know that being fat is going to get them dates.

• It's not the same. Losing weight can be solved by either not eating too much and get on a damn diet or seek a doctor. Usually people who are fat and complain about is because they don't even put some effort to it.

Improving your personality and solving your personal issues on the other hand, might have to include counseling sessions and it's not something that can be fixed the following day or couple months (depending on how severe your issue is).

• I think they're different.

The "nice guy" often feels entitled to women. He often feels like because he does nice things and has a nice personality he deserves to have all the girls and that jerks deserve to have no women.
    Which is usually where the "nice guy" shoots himself in the foot and ends up becoming a jerk himself, but he doesn't realize that he's a jerk because he does nice things (but to get sex... women know what he's doing)

Fat girls, on the other hand, do not tend to have this entitlement complex. They know they're fat and that they need to work on that and don't think that their personality makes up for it (in general).

Fat girls may complain about being overweight, but they don't ignore that that's the reason why they aren't getting laid.
    Nice guys on the other hand don't realize that they don't have any other positive traits to offer. If your defining trait is that you aren't an asshole well.. you don't really have much to offer. There are plenty of guys that just aren't assholes and are nice there's nothing setting you apart from every other guy out there.

I'd say nice guy is more equal to snobby bitch that thinks she deserves to get guys purely because she's hot.

• I see where you're coming from, but not exactly. There are fat guys and "nice girls" (similar passive aggressive types) too, though.

• Fat guy is the equivalent of a fat girl.

Nice guy is the equivalent of a snobby or shy girl.

• no, because "nice guys" aren't actually nice.
    they just think theyre nice

• Not even close. I've seen fat girls that weren't virgins or even a couple of them already had a bf. There is a male chubby chaser in one of my classes. That guy only wants chubby girls for some reason.

What Guys Said 12

• The way I see it, if you have to tell other people you are a "nice guy", then either A.) your life is boring as hell, and the only claim to fame you have is that you're "nice", or B.) You aren't really that nice of a person...

Being overweight is a physical trait anyways, and nice is a personality, so I don't really see how the two correspond in the first place...

• I would generally agree with this idea with the rationale that both groups believe they are being rejected by the opposite gender based on unfair criteria. This idea that fat girls have guys clamoring for them isn't really true at all. Yes, some guys will have sex with them, but then they hide the fact and get really embarrassed when their friends find out. It's sad, but it's true.

The fact is, both groups are kinda the sexual outcasts of their respective genders. 95% of guys don't want a fat girl, and 95% of girls don't want a nice guy.

• No they aren't. Nice guys can get dates easy. The problem is not that these guys are nice. But that they are pushovers.

Fat girls are just that. Fat. Fat is a cell that when your body doesn't have a place to put spare energy, it gets stuck in a fat cell. Once the fat cells are full your body makes more and this repeatedly happens over and over again. And the bad part is once a fat cell is made, it can't be unmade. It can only be shrunk. So what does this mean? Fat girls have the possibility to be gorgeous. But they choose not to. They choose to eat and sit. I have seen fat girls with beautiful faces. If they were to just eat properly (notice I didn't say diet) and workout, they could be hot.

• Is it just me, or do most fat girls seem like they could be pretty if they lost weight? I always try to picture them without fat on their face, and I can easily see them being attractive if they lost weight.

• there are mean fat girls

• Just to elaborate: there was a fat girl who went to my school, everyone made fun of her, but she was a mean girl anyway. Personality has a lot to do with it.

• Oh well at least you and other tried. I think another reason can be because a couple individuals that get bullied can also develop resentment deep inside and they're so used to that poor treatment that when someone actually is trying to be nice, they will be distrustful and be mean or think it's only done out of pity and that gets them angry.
      I don't think all fat people are mean. There were a couple nice chubby girls in my HS and people actually respect them.

• exactly most fat people are actually self aware. most can get girls, have good lives, can get along with others.

• This is actually a pretty good analogy. I'm not sure I totally agree, but it does kinda seem fitting

P. s. only insecure people down vote

• "Nice guys think that because they've got a good personality, that should be enough to get dates" - I guess you never heard the expression 'Nice guys finish last'

• I guess they are similar in some ways but probably not as much as you think.

• Then fat guys would be the male version of the nice girl, right?

• I see where you're going, but there's a difference. And to be clear, we would be talking about actual nice guys and not "nice guys."

There isn't a particular correlation between a girl being overweight and her making a good wife or girlfriend. On one hand, the extra hardships of her life could make her more appreciative of the people in her life, and less likely to be the "princess" type. On the other hand, she could also be embittered towards men for it.

The same goes for thin girls. They could either be always on their high horse, demanding men "fight" to "earn" them. Not having a job, but being a hypocrite and turning down men because "construction doesn't pay enough" or "engineering is too nerdy". On the other hand, she could also have a positive outlook on life having had more positive interactions with people. Or she could still be embittered towards men if she gets hit on a lot.

Looks and Personality are two separate traits.

However, when a girl says a guy isn't "bad" enough or "edgy" enough (whilst picturing Christian Grey in her head), there IS a correlation.

Consider that the main messages men are given towards respecting women is to not hit on them, not sexualize them, always ask permission for more questionable things, and always have have her feelings in mind.

A respectful guy who actually takes note of this will likely be quite timid towards women. And you also figure, the edgy Christian Grey type of guy basically takes all this and throws it in the garbage.

That is, good luck finding a "bad boy" who is also "respectful in all the ways you just told men to be." If they're hard to find, it's not because "all the good men are gone". It's because you're basically looking for a skinny girl who is also fat.

Or how about this, in the South London Estates, girls were actively rejecting non-violent men in favor of "edgy" men who have stabbed other men and/or are serving prison time, Wondering why their boyfriends were so violent.

• Not to mention, most overweight girls I know have had far more action than almost any of the nice guys I know.

• More like a short guy

• No they're the short guy not the nice guy