What's the difference between the girl you date and the girl you hook up with?

I don't know what guys are really into. It seems to me that hooking-up and dating are just the same for guys.

Even if I'm in my nicest most decent self, some guys would really prefer hooking-up with me. Am I the problem? Or SOME, I repeat, SOME guys are really just jerks?

Most Helpful Guy

• nope. It's the guys. This is why "slut-shaming" is a thing. The easier it is for guys to get sex, the less willing they are to settle down into a relationship.

What Guys Said 4

• Generally speaking guys, unlike girls, are looking for similar characteristics in a short or long term relationship. They just care more in a long term. There are some wrinkles but that's a good starting point.

Beyond that a lot of guys are only interested in hooking up or only interested in dating.

• Difference is girls I date exist while girls I hook up with don't exist because I don't use women like towels lol.

So basically it's an individual thing. Guys like me are ONLY looking for a relationship, guys exist that only want sex (generally lasts until their mid to late twenties), and some RARE breed exist that wants sex first but are willing to settle if the girl is compatible which conflicts with most girl's tendency to test compatibility first and have sex later.

Also as a question, since you say they prefer does that imply that you occasionally have hook-ups?

• Guys can be looking for all sorts of stuff.

Some guys just want to hook up and have sex. Other guys actually want an emotional connection, a companion, not just the sex.

What makes some guys jerks is if they don't make it clear what they're after.

• Date- for relationship

hook-up- you're going to the fuckzone

What Girls Said 2

• You're not the problem, a lot of guys are jerks. :)

• Men are assholes and most men say they are dating to get the girl to sleep with them