Guys: Age Difference?

Would you date a girl seven years younger than you?
Like.. say you're 23, would you date a 16 yr old?
What are the pros and cons?

Most Helpful Guy

• pros:Lets just assume the guy very very nice and real gentleman and incredible mature ANNND rational , it's good for the girl either shields her from the vexation of her peer or expedites her growing up.(NO SEX INVOLVED) idon't think there is such a man exists.

cons:the girl is so fragile , weak and innocent, she can't even protect herself from any harm, a full-age guy basically could do everything he wanted to her , not even think about the end definitely be a common tragedy just she can't see it comes. I almost feel sorry for the disproportionate level.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm 22 and the youngest I would date is 18, specifically not someone who is still in high school. Its a matter of maturity and independence, both of which will usually come to bear in college. Also I always hated the high school drama and do not want to be pulled back into that.

• Not legal here in Canada consenting age if the girl is 16 is 21 and I still find that kind of bad since it's like a 3-4th year university student dating a Jr High student...

If the 7 year difference was say... 18 and 26 then it isn't as bad or say 23 and 30 the age gap is no longer as important

• If there underage... Under 19... then absolutely not!!!

If I was 30 and she was 23... then yes I would. There is a 10 yr age difference between my brother and sister in law. Nothing wrong with 7 years difference

• Well, I'm 16 and I certainly would not date a 9 year old girl... 15 is the youngest I'd date at the moment.

• I am 20 and would date a 16 year old. People should look at the maturity and the overall person instead of his age alone.

• not until she is legal

What Girls Said 1

• My BF is 28 and I'm 22 - we're 6.5 years apart. He's said before that he likes getting to date a hot younger girl (his words) and that he was pleasantly surprised to find that I'm as mature as he is. The only con is that people hesitate when they hear about our age difference, though we don't let their opinions get to us.

A 6- or 7-year age difference might be an issue for a guy because he and his younger GF would be in different stages of their lives - for example, she might still be in university while he's already getting promotions at work. Or maybe he's looking to get married and have kids but she's nowhere near ready for that.

• yea... but mature girls these days are hard to find. Most claim to be mature but have no idea how relationships work.

• True. You just gotta get to know them and figure out which ones are actually mature and ready for an adult relationship.