Can Asians date mixed raced or black ladies or is it against their religion?

So I get a lot of attention off Asian guys an have found one guy I've met to be very attractive but I am assuming he can only date in his race.

I am nervous around him and he seems the same only neither of us have spoken yet just a lot of staring then turning away.

I do feel like there's something there but I keep thinking he has to stick to his own.

He is sikh. As I've seen the symbol. on his car mirror but not sure what their faith entails.

Do they marry their own race? Just want to know so I can try forget him lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sikhs date outside their race. I know quite a few black women who are happily married to Sikh men, with kids :)

It's just not common.

What Guys Said 9

• Not all Asians (which includes several countries to begin with. They aren't all the same) are religious.
    Lol

• Lmaoo what is wrong with you? He's just like you! Do you have to stick with your race? Where did this sticking to only your race come from? Lol sorry to laugh, it's just funny cause I'm Japanese and that assumption of yours is very irrelevant

• Nothing wrong with me. Chill out. I asked a question cus I dont know if it will be pointless for me to show interest in a guy that may have to marry or date people of his own race. Not sure if he can or not. Laugh all you like your irrelevant to my life if you didntlike what you read then dont bother answer in future thanks

• 日系人の方?

• 日本人!?

• I don't know nearly enough about sikhism, but as far as I know, they can marry anyone they want. Take that with a grain of salt, though.

• Its not general to all Asians. But there is always someone with a family who want to stick to people of same race/religion/country etc. He might be one of those guys.

• Oh I see. Yeah not sure if there's always someone as I dont know every family to make that judgment. Thanjs anyway

• Your first line says you assume he can date only his race. I'm not talking about myself at all. LOL

• Lol well your saying you know lots of people an that at least one family member will want him to stick to his own. So I guess we both assumed here. Or contradicting yourself. So now your saying he may not stick to his own okayyy lol. Thanks for trying to help anyway dude

• (Disregarding the context provided in the description) This is the best fucking question I have ever seen, lol. Congratulations.

• Dont mock me. It wasn't asked as a i

• Well its a question site an I wanted to get opinions. Thanks anyways. its not a sticker was hanging from mirror in car

• There are billions of Asians and nearly all religions exist in Asia.
      old.shipoffools.com/.../Joking.gif

• Lol at this generalisation. Its like saying all black people are rapists lets not associate ourselves with them

• No its just cus I figured their families want them to stick to their own

• It depends on their beliefs. It's good to ask someone about that. I dated a Pakistani woman before and did not even know she was one. I've been asking someone about Asian Indian women and if they are open to dating a Buddhist and if I have to ask permission from their parents if I can date their daughter. It varies so I would have to ask.

• People can date whoever the hell they want! I hate how religion and culture is such a huge barrier when it comes to dating other people outside their religion.

• Yeah its stoped me going for guys I like. Thanks for not judging me I only asked this cus its the reality of life.

• Same sentiment

• Thanks appreciate that scared to say how I feel though

• Well i think that you may be judged a lot more because there seems to be a lot more expectations in certain backgrounds and religions but think that it is getting better

• Judged more why? Im a gd girl a virgin too

• Well that aside my ex girlfriend got with a doctor from a different faith and honestly she got a lot of hostile reaction and his family dis owned him in the end cos they got married? i think its unfair to expose someone to a different life and culture from childhood to adulthood then expect them to change and all of a sudden do what the family wants?

• Yeah seems unfair

What Girls Said 6

• I've had lots of Asian guys that were into me and my cousin is dating a guy from Laos (ok according to my cousin they aren't dating they're just sex buddies, but he stayed in the city they live in to be with her even though his family is rich and he could have moved back in with them and they live together AND he pays her rent so... pretty sure it's pretty serious)

I've never been involved with a Sikh person (only Viet, Korean, Japanese, Thai, and Nepalese), but you never know until you talk to them!

• Awwwwww that's so cute!!! I am South Asian so I know how hard it is for us to date outside our race, because we wouldn't be supported if we do. However, there are many people who don't care and go with their heart, he might want you to convert or he might not, you will never know if you don't try to get to know him, at least as a friend first. If he is easy going he wouldn't care at all. Good luck!!

• Asian isn't a religion...

• I don't think you should worry about "races", EVER :) How would you feel if someone just assumed you can't date someone just because of your own ethnicity?

You should talk to him! You have nothing to lose. Sound so cheesy, but it's true, haha...

• Its only that race I worry about as I did think his family would not want him to date me. I dont judge him I just know if a lot of people that can only date their race. Thanks very true :)

• There is a religion out there that forbids people to date black ladies? o_O

• Of course Asians can marry any race they want. No restrictions.

Watch this link
    http://youtu.be/krRV_Xh2WkQ

such a beautiful story and ceremony ! :D