Meeting a Girl For a Date... Or Picking Her Up?

I rarely date, but I am trying to slow down with my life and get back into the dating scene. Now, let's say you are seeing a girl. You have your own place in one part of town and she has her own place in another part of town.

Would it make sense to pick her up and take her on a date? Or would it be better just meet her at the date location?

-When I first started driving at 16, a girl told me that we can meet at the movies for our date. In another instance, I had a girl tell me I should pick her up and take her to the date.

Does it really matter to you, ladies? I personally prefer to meet women at the date location... just in case it goes bad or one of us has to leave early for whatever reason, we can do so at our own discretion.

• Pick the girl up for date
  • Meet at the date location

Most Helpful Girl

• ya pick her up an meet her mama an daddy, if she's got siblings meet em too. be a gentleman, go out of your way to pick her up and drop her off with a goodnight kiss at her door (if it went well) when your date is over. Not only do you score points with her but also with her parents.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on how well I know the guy. Not well, we meet. Know eachother from beefier (mutual friends, work, eric), he can pick me up

• I'm 50/50 on this one. I think that picking up a girl for a date is very sweet and traditional. But, on the other hand, if it's a first date, and she's shy/awkward, the car ride there could be awkward. I personally wouldn't mind either way whether or not a guy picked me up for a date.

• Ask her! Some girls prefer to just meet at the location some finds it sweet if you pick them up for a date.

• It should be easy to pick her up if she doesn't weigh alot.

What Guys Said 2

• As a guy, I would always pick my date up and then drive to the date, or due to the fact that traditional values aren't so prominent anymore, the girl would sometimes pick me up and drive me to the date. It is much more intimate and romantic to travel together. Car rides are an opportunity to sit down with each other and really talk, not listen to the radio or play on your phones, but to talk to each other and really get to know each other before introducing the date environs; whether that would be a movie (little to no talking), an activity (moderate talking), or a dinner (more talking than the prior two)... well you get my point. Meeting there seems so.. disconnected to me. I want to spend as much time with my date/girlfriend as possible if it would turn into that.

Best Regards,
    Brandon

• If you pick her up you can show off ur sweet ride ;)

• Lol. I just got out of college, man XD. I have a ride... but not a sweet ride... not yet at least XD.

• Hmm, it probably won't matter. But nice cars fun :)